Has anyone done a hybrid swap??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3ze@7psi

Has anyone done a hybrid swap??

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Has anyone used a kl block and bolt the stock k8 or kf head on? Or the other way around? I was thinking about doing a Kl block with the KF head and use a thicker head gasket on it so the compression will be higher. I'm trying to do something like the honda hybrid motor...LS vtec, B20 vtec, and so on..... Let me know if anyone has tried this already.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
Kokiriwave

Re: Has anyone done a hybrid swap??

Post by Kokiriwave »

a mazda hybrid....you mean a non-gas gusler.......Ok ok now I've heard everything

But seriously i would love to see something like that.
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Ummmm. A thicker head gasket will make the compression lower, not higher. Anyways, stick with the head that goes with your displacement. A KLZE head on a KLDE block I believe works, but keep the KF and K8 heads off the KL block. Cams you can switch, though.

And no he doesn't mean 'hybrid' as in gas-electric. He means like a Frankenstein LS VTec.
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

what are the beniefts of a vtech...

sorry for the newbie questions, but i'd rather ask and know than to not know at all.

Thanks. if u decide to do the hybrid..good luck to yah.
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Actually, V-Tec is a Honda term meaning Variable Timing and lift Electronic Control (I think); he was just giving examples. V-tec is similar to the VRIS system found in our engines, kinda like a supercharger effect, letting air in at certain intervals. in a hybrid, you'd get the benefits of a non-v-tec engine with the benefit of v-tec, put simply. :p
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by Kokiriwave:
what are the beniefts of a vtech...
sorry for the newbie questions, but i'd rather ask and know than to not know at all.
This link gives a Vtech tutorial & builds on what Nallboy talks about.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question229.htm
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Yeah my mistake a thinner head gasket will make more compression. I'll try this and if it works I"ll see how fast it go and how much more or less horse it will produce.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”