Stupid Clock

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
92RedMX3

Stupid Clock

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Anyone know the color of wire and where it goes that controls the clocks memory? The clock works when the car is on, once its off, back to default. EVERYTHING else works fine. Interior lights, guages, lighter, everything. Fuses are all fine. Please help.
Len-Dogg

Re: Stupid Clock

Post by Len-Dogg »

No I don't but I bet if you searched around in the dash wiring diagram in the online manual here at MX-3.com you could find it.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

I checked it but it I was unable to tell which one or color was the constant.
spicy

Post by spicy »

it was hard to find but i have a chilton's auto repair manual for my mx. all kinds of diagrams and instructions.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

There's probably a fuse out on the memory power lead.....that's my guess. Just like a CD player that has two power leads - one for memory, and one for power on - I bet the clock is set up like this too.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

the clock is with the interior lights, if they were working then the fuse might be bad, it happened in my car
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
vegetoking

Post by vegetoking »

wait I hav this same problem... is it afuse? i left two red wires unplugged to nothing i bet these are for the clock the constant and intermittent is this correct? ( i just installed a new cd player and i didnt know where tose two red wires went so i left them unpluged
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

I had the SAME problem....ALL th wires should be used.... It's been a while, but I do remember that without a red wire my lights didn't come on at all!!! My clock stays on 24/7 though the way I have them wired. My dash lights didn't come on either till I figured what wire went where, I just hooked up one of the reds to a blue...I can't remember though..If i do then I'll get back to ya on it.
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”