220km Drive

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DavidOS

220km Drive

Post by DavidOS »

im driving to Toronto from London,
I just put a new KLZE in and it has a new clutch.

Ive only put about 80-100kms on it thus far and have to drive tonight.

Question: Would it be good to wait till i have 500 km on the clutch before doing a long distance drive?

anything i should think about before going that far with new parts like that? etc...etc...
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
SIXPACK

Re: 220km Drive

Post by SIXPACK »

I dont think there is anything to worry about. have a nice drive!
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

Thanks bud:)
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

The idea is to have 500km of stop and go driving to promperly break in the clutch. Just don't start hot dogging it yet ;)
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I drove to Philly and back from NYC to break in my engine and my clutch at the same time. Just dont get too excited and start beating on the car yet.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

WELL!! The trip went well.

Clutch is bedded in nicely and engine is smoother now. i had about 350km on it when i came accross a yellow vet.

needless to say we know what happened next.... but we cant talk about that **** in here.

car was smooth, the clutch is like a feather ... i have the centreforce stage 3 and its bloody amazing.
Ive had performace clutches before but this thing is so light and smooth. very happy with it thus far.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”