Time for my ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Time for my ZE

Post by Nallboy »

Well, I have the cash now and I'm going to be buying a KL-ZE very soon. I want quality, of course, so I'm asking all you guys your final opinion before I actually buy anything. As you prob know by my sig, I'm putting in a LSD tranny as well. Here are the prices of some of the companies that have written me back:
jspecauto- KL-ZE and non-LSD tranny combo: $1399+$350 shipping
cnsmotors- KL-ZE: $895+$245 shipping
sunsengines- Kl-ZE: $1150 LSD tranny: $750 ECU: $250 shipping for all: $300
I think I've heard some bad things about sunsengines, and don't post about Osaka. I'll never trust them after seeing them crap all over their reputation like they have. If any of you have feedback on these options or have other options you know will be quality and clean, please help me out! :2thumbsup:
Thanks!
-John
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
TsiMiata

Re: Time for my ZE

Post by TsiMiata »

Theres Noyan which I got mine through. Sun has a good rep on probetalk. Keep an eye out on ebay for an ECU. I've seen them go for under $200 there. I lucked out and got mine for $150 for www.tigerjapanese.com
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Gabi

Post by Gabi »

I do ze installs, the guy I get them from wants $1000 us + 350 shipping. So far I bought 8 motors from him and never had a problem . If you want e-mail me and I can get you the motor. Why would you want to swap the tranny?

<small>[ April 29, 2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Gabi ]</small>
See you in my rear wiew!!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Ive read some company sells ZE alone for $500, what was that company, i want ze too
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Originally posted by mitmaks:
Ive read some company sells ZE alone for $500, what was that company, i want ze too
I guess you haven't realized the truth behind these cheap ZE's. Pretty much everyone who got one has gotten screwed including me. You either get an american 2.5 or if it is a KLZE its so trashed its a border line paper weight. Spend a couple extra hundred dollars and get one from the reputable suppliers.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

another one...
streetimports: $2849.00 - Mazda KL-ZE MS8 (curved intake) 200hp engine, LSD transmission, JDM computer and shipping to your home or to a shop in Florida
I've heard good things about these guys; guess that's why they cost more.
Still waiting on Noyan to write me back.
Gabi, that sounds like a decent deal as long as you're getting good engines. I'm replacing the tranny first of all cause mine's screwed (no fifth gear). I've decided that LSD is the way to go.
M&M, whatever you do, don't go with those cheap guys!
I'm looking into a couple engines close to Seneca's place right now.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
korban

Post by korban »

a-spec.ca .. there in toronto canada area.. will do you complete car upgrade on braking system etc.. as well as engine for cheap..
drewleedham

Post by drewleedham »

i bought my car at A Spec, and Steve (the guy who owns it) said he'd do my ZE for me if i decide to get one. i've been reading up on anything i can about the klze, but i'm an absolute amature (and obviously wont be doing the install myself). i was wondering if anything besides the ecu (i know it doesnt have to be switched, but it should) needs to be changed/installed, or if people just like doing other mods at the same time.
FOR SALE: 93 MX-3 SE
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Thanks for the info, but that's kinda far away. I actually thought about ordering most of that stuff from them, but that'd be a real hassel.
n-e-wayz
I was trying to deal with Seneca, but he hasn't responded for a few days, so, in looking around, I found Sunsengines to be especailly helpful. I think I'm going to get my engine through them. Prob. my last Q: Do any of you have any feedback about them you could give me? Thanks for all the help, guys! :2thumbsup:
-John

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”