Temp Gauge Level

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
msilverton

Temp Gauge Level

Post by msilverton »

I have changed my water pump and a few hoses. My temperature gauges seems to level out at about 60% up the gauge. I can't remeber if that is hotter than before.

Where does your temp gauge line up when the car is at running temperature?

Thanks, Mike
DavidOS

Re: Temp Gauge Level

Post by DavidOS »

mines the same about 60%.... seems a bit hot but i guess it likes it that way.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
TsiMiata

Re: Temp Gauge Level

Post by TsiMiata »

Mine sits right in the middle. I'm not sure on the MX-3 but mazda changed the way the temp gauge works on most of their cars in the mid 90's. Instead of being an actual temp. gauge it really only indicates three positions-

cold- gauge reads below C
warm- Gauge reads in the middle
overheated- gauge goes to H

My 93 has a temp gauge that actually indicates the real temperature. I do know that 93+ RX-7's & 94+ miatas have the fake gauge. It is possible that when mazda dropped the third sensor in the water neck it may have switched the MX-3 to the fake gauge. So what your gauge reads on a 94+ MX-3 may not be anywhere near the actual temperature of the engine.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”