performance by g-tech

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
valdigre

performance by g-tech

Post by valdigre »

I have manged to borrow g-tech from my friend so I could test my standard Mx-3 K8 V6. After the first measurement it says the following:
0-60 in 8.27 sec
horsepower 106 at the wheels.
It is still a great mystery for me how can it so precisely measure this things...but it works great!
Tomorrow I will measure 1/4 mile time with trap speed and try to make some more measurements, cause you can't take into account just one measurement, but an average of a couple of tests.
For those of you who don't know what g-tech is:

g-tech
"For those 10 seconds or less, I am free"
Gro Harlem

Re: performance by g-tech

Post by Gro Harlem »

They are pretty cool devices, but user error is so high that most people don't trust a bit of info they say. They are good for personally testing & comparing results, but not for substituting a real dyno plot, or 1/4 mile time.

you have to precisely set it on a level ground at 0.0 g's, otherwise your results are completely worthelss. More than often, people who use it don't do this and get either high or low results. Their 0-60 times are often off due to the gtech thinking you are going faster than you really are.

When I had my gtech, I dynoed my car at 148hp, ran a 15.8 1/4 mile at 92mph and 7.2 0-60's. This was with my protege, which I later dyno'ed at 109whp and ran a 16.2 1/4 mile. Obviously my gtech was set improperly.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

also i belive you need to input the car's weight exctly with you in in, that'll make some difference too
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
valdigre

Post by valdigre »

yeah I also don't belive this device too much but it gives you some picture. Acceleration seems to be to fast, I measured times of 8.6-9 seconds with my wrist watch. Horsepower is likely to be pretty correct. With 130 hp on the engine, you loose like 20 hp on the clutch so there should be like 110 hp on the wheels...
It's a rainy day today so no measurements... :crying:
"For those 10 seconds or less, I am free"
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

This Device is unbelievably accurate for a cost of 250 dollars and reading off of latteral g's
If gives you a estimate and if you use it correctly it will give you a very good estimate I would reccomend this product to anyone , I have 2 one for myself and I was going to put one in my other car but I ended up selling the car so the G tech is up for sale 215 shipped never used if anyone wants it.
Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”