klze advice

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MI-Archangel

klze advice

Post by MI-Archangel »

so i called around a lot of manufacters in canada charge wayyyy too much. so i went to osaka but im worried apparently some1 got just a mx6 motor and i asked them if they got curved neck klze they say yes but i dont want them to **** me over to. any advice on this.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: klze advice

Post by babyblueMX3 »

tell them to send pics of the numbers on the heads..well off the whole engine
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

and it needs to say kl-31 on it right? my 2nd question is why cant i put a straight neck ze what is involed in fitting it in?
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

you can put the straight neck in it just is more diffucult fitting everything in after the engine is put in... ie: airintake, tb that kinda stuff
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Bradmx32003

Post by Bradmx32003 »

Im hearing that a klze has no place for an egr, why doesn't it need one? and what do you do with all the extra vacuum lines?
Red 1992 Mx-3 GS, all stock.

Post by Guest »

Yo man trust me they do not have the curved intake they only have the straight neck. I was going to buy one from them last week after alot of problems with them you can read my post from before...newayz they sent me a picture of what they thought was the curved and it was straight and he still says its the curved. I guarantee 100% it is not the curved manifold.

Post by Guest »

Sorry also the straight neck will work you will have to adjust some of the engine mounts to do this or it will hit the master cylinder. I did not want to do this so I spent more money and went for a curved from streetimports.com i also heard that noyanusa.com has the curved intake in stock but if your in canada you will have to email them because there phone number does not work from canada.
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

can someone anwser brad mx3's question im curious as well. Also i know the millenia intake maniofold bolts right on ze but why cant we use mx6/mx3? where is cheap place to get ms8 manfifold?
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

The MX-3/MX-6/probe/626 manifolds have smaller runners. They will bolt to a KLZE but your hurting power.

You can get an MS8(same as US spec millenia) intake off of www.car-part.com Just make sure you tell them you want it with the throttle body and all the sensors and vacuum lines etc..
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
mymx3smokesalot

Post by mymx3smokesalot »

some pics of the klze osaka sent me,they still claim it's a klze because it says kl on the block.they are willing to send me another klze with kl31 heads,but they want me to pay shipping to return engine i have and for the new one,since according to them i already have a ze.if you get an engine from them you better get a pic first.http://images.geekazoids.net/engine_fro ... _copy1.jpg
http://images.geekazoids.net/heads_copy2.jpg
http://images.geekazoids.net/block_copy2.jpg
osakas proof of klze
mymx3smokesalot

Post by mymx3smokesalot »

Gabi

Post by Gabi »

Originally posted by mymx3smokesalot:
http://images.geekazoids.net/engine_from_osaka_i_was_sent_copy2.jpg
my klze
That IM is not a ZE. There are atleast six different motors with the "KL" on them and only one of them is ZE.
How much are you getting the ZE for?

<small>[ April 10, 2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Gabi ]</small>
See you in my rear wiew!!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the one you got is not a ze ...i can asure you that...osaka got their things wrong
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

seems like osaka have no idea at all,... in fact from the constant fvck ups they seem to provide (straight necks instead of curved)
kl03, klde's etc...etc... and selling them as klze

just not acceptable as ppl are paying good cash for this **** and they are never delivering.

id say black list them.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

im amazed at some companys. How do you stay in business when you dont even treat your customers with fairness and respect. Do you think walmart would be number one on the forbes 500 if they didn't let you take items back that weren't up to par. And if they shipped you the wrong engine and it was all there fault, whether through ignorance or stupidity, THEY should pay to have it shipped back. Its so simple. If I order a gas lawnmower online, and they ship me an electric, they can't just say, oh, it says lawnmower so it must be the right one. Black list them for sure.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”