klze q

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MI-Archangel

klze q

Post by MI-Archangel »

i want to order my engine from osaka but they dont have curved neck ze. is their any good places that wont charge too much and i can get curved ze cuz straight neck deosnt fit right? also is their diff in power between curved and straight ze's?
DavidOS

Re: klze q

Post by DavidOS »

power is no different,

you can make a straight neck fit.... but its a bit of a hassle,

You can find curved necks on ebay and on here.
and you can finded other curved necked engines from other engine sites from around the world.

IE: australia
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I jst got a curved neck from www.noyanusa.com it was $1050 shipped. It might be a little more than osaka but you get what you pay for. Noyan gives a 6 month unlimited mileage warranty. I've been hearing some horror stories about osaka lately.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

umm can you guys suggest some canadian sites plz ive heard bad border stories.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

http://street-import.com/

is canadian and in canadian $ already including taxes

good prices
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

although the american site
noyanusa.com
also states on it that it will beat any price
see if they can beat 1050 candian dollars off of the site i gave you and tell them that included shipping to your town. shipping is normally an extra 200 bucks but dont tell them that.

RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

buff and my brother got their J-specs from NoyanUSA and buff and my brother both got expectional engines delivered quickly and run well...I plan on ordering mine from them whence I get the funds to do so.

~CHANKO :)
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

A Canadian Site to get a KLZE And its not Osaka. Im doing my swap this coming weekend, Im going to check my codes, it looked like a ZE on my first inspection.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Qalex

Post by Qalex »

its not canadian but it is a reliable ang good service place called enginesrus and just tell them that you need the curved neck ze and they even found me a kl31 ecu and the total price shipped was 1400 us dollars for the motor and ecu and it showed up in two days and the motor was exactly what they said it was and the only problem i had was it was alot dirtier then i wanted it to be but i pulled the manifold and repainted it with high temp eng. paint, result - brand new fast car no problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
klze, ze ecu, hotshot headers,2.5 exhaust, custom cai, plugs, wires,intrax lowering springs, crossdrilled rotors,eclipse deck with in dash 6 disc, 2 12inch jlw3, u.s. amp vlx25, and fosgate door speakers
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Straight-neck = KL31 cams & straight, crappier flowing mani

Curved neck = KL01 Cams & curved, higher flowing manifold.

What I did? Bought a straight-neck KLZE, sold the manifold for $235 (kept the t/b and injectors), bought a curved neck mani for $140 shipped, and have the best of both worlds :)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I did some searching probetalk and the KL01 cams in the curved neck jdm engines make the same power as the KL31 cams. Leave it to mazda to confuse us all :D
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
mymx3smokesalot

Post by mymx3smokesalot »

if you order from osaka you better make sure it's a klze, ask them to send a pic first,because they sent me a klde and now they swear it's a klze just because on the block the numbers started with kl, and they don't want to take the engine back.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Wait a second, I'm a bit confused. Are the new ze's still obd1???
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

All KLZEs come out of OBD1 cars, because KLZEs are only fitted in the Japan Domestic Market, and that market does not use OBD2.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

You want some Canadian sites, here you go. This is all I have:
tokyoautoparts.
total-boost
jspecautosports
tigerjapanese
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”