thought's on redline waterwetter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mrspanky79

Re: thought's on redline waterwetter

Post by mrspanky79 »

well im sure there is nothing wrong with my set up. I also have a turbo under the hood and all aftermarket gauges to read very thing that is going on under the hood and i can tell you running 50/50 mix i cold see my temp rise to 220 in stop and go, and on the highway or cruising it will drop to 170. So if water is so good by its self why dosnt it come from the factory with just water in places that dont see temp below 0 and dont say because of corrosion. first of boat motor are car motor and i have 2 from the 70and 80 that still run with all the factory parts second if they do make part wair out faster i think they would want that more servie more money.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:

I guess that might be b/c of the boiling point of water being at 212. I'm not sure what the boiling point of a 50/50 mix is, but it must be higher than water.
Actually, if your radiator caps are functioning properly, it creates a pressurized cooling system which actually increases the boiling point of water.
ikarus1

Post by ikarus1 »

50/50 mix under 16psi is about 265 degrees boiling -20 freezing

Since I'm in the south I do a 30/70 mix w/water wetter and I have a manual electric fan switch and I hardly ever use the fan in the summer unless stuck in heavy traffic (never)
so I'm a believer in the stuff. For $6 its cheap insurance....esp if you have aluminum heads and/or block(like the K series V6)
93 White MX-3 "Ebay special"
94 Green 626 V6 5-speed "family car"
94 Mazda B2300 SE "project turbo truk"
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

my friends car has 0 problems. so nothing is at fault. his fans used to come on all the time then after the water wetter, the temps rarely come up as much and the fans barely turn on now. not to mention according to the temp guage he wired up never peaks up to where it used to.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Its possible it had problems before he drained it and put the water-wetter in. He could have flushed the muck out then.

I'm sure he won't want to do this, but the only way to prove the improvement is real is to drain the water-wetter, refill with plain water, and see what happens then.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”