ZE wont start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TsiMiata

Re: ZE wont start

Post by TsiMiata »

Sounds like the rear cams went out of time. That could explain the sudden low compression. I'd double check the cam timing.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

yeah thats what were thinking cause when the engine fired it up, I know it was running on all 6 cylinders, so something must have jumped for it to be down on all 3 in the rear.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

The fuel line coming from the fuel filter(feed line) goes to the odd bank(which would be furthest from you if you were standing in front of the car looking at the engine). The fuel line coming from the even bank is the return line. Dummied down...the line coming from the fuel filter does NOT go to the fuel pressure regulator side.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mymx3smokesalot

Post by mymx3smokesalot »

just curious have you found the problem yet?
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

Yeah I got it all fixed now, come to find out when we had the cams out we put the back cam pully on backwards, causing it to be 180* out.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”