throttle body busted!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Qalex

throttle body busted!

Post by Qalex »

i got the ze motor in about a week ago and the tb was bent from shipping, basically a peice of #$%@ so we have everything in and ready to go but was just wondering if the k8 tb that i swapped over gonna cause me any trouble?
klze, ze ecu, hotshot headers,2.5 exhaust, custom cai, plugs, wires,intrax lowering springs, crossdrilled rotors,eclipse deck with in dash 6 disc, 2 12inch jlw3, u.s. amp vlx25, and fosgate door speakers
papa roached

Re: throttle body busted!

Post by papa roached »

other than be killing your power, i dont think it will, get ya a TB off a 2.5L millenia if your ZE one is busted
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Qalex

Post by Qalex »

how much hp could this be possibly restricting? isnt the difference only about 5mm
klze, ze ecu, hotshot headers,2.5 exhaust, custom cai, plugs, wires,intrax lowering springs, crossdrilled rotors,eclipse deck with in dash 6 disc, 2 12inch jlw3, u.s. amp vlx25, and fosgate door speakers
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i dont have my K8 throttle body here, i only got my Millenia, but from what i hear it is alot smaller and will limit you more as you go higher into the RPM band
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
Qalex

Post by Qalex »

after reading alot of the search forums there really isnt even a difference between the 60 and the 65. not that has been dyno proven anyway right?
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i have read that probe with the KL-DE get gains from boring their TBs, so it stands to reason that a KL-ZE will like the bigger throttle body too, but it wont be a huge loss i dont think

Qalex

Post by Qalex »

hey thanks for the help,but i think that i will stick with my k8, things are really tite budget wise after i bought everything else and untill i know there is a signifigant gain from this i think ill be ok. i also have the curved neck klze so i think that the cold air intake that i made should help me draw enough air for the motor
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

k8 throttle body on klze = huge loss of top end
I had to put my k8 throttle body on my klze when I was modifying the 2.5 throttle body and there was a HUGE loss of power. If you put the k8 next to the 2.5 you will see how much smaller it is. You will notice a huge jump in power when you install a 2.5. Don't listen to anyone who says it doesn't make that much of a difference, I speak from personal experience.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i thinkt he K8 is 55mm and the KL-ZE/Millenia is 65mm

Steeb

Post by Steeb »

2.5kl engines come with 60mm tbs. the gains are a much wider power band from down low up to high rpm
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

k, i didnt know

Steeb

Post by Steeb »

no problem, thats why we are here
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I'm curious as to which engine you have installed. Did you switch your entire intake manifold or did you keep the straight neck? If you switched, which one did you install?? I'm just wondering because alot of companies don't know SHI^ about our engines and try to pass off a 164 hp kl03 as a "kl01 version of the klze". Sure way to tell is if it came with a straight neck IM with rectangular runners, no egr hole on the exhaust manifold, and a distributer with 7 holes as opposed to 6. If your engine doesn't have these features, then you have a kl03. Not trying to burst anyone's bubble or anything, I'm just curious.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Qalex

Post by Qalex »

it is the klze with the ms8 manifold but the throttle body spring was all bent to hell, is it possible to switch the hardware off the k8 to the ze(spring, cable, etc...)?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”