Duel Exhausts?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Damious

Duel Exhausts?

Post by Damious »

hey everyone, just wondering if there is a dual exhaust setup for the Mx-3, and if not if there are any that would fit with lil to no modification?

thanx for the help

<small>[ February 19, 2004, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Trancelucent ]</small>
-Damian

***if u know of/have a mx-3 GS with a blown engine and live around me... let me know ;) ***
aggressivemx

Re: Duel Exhausts?

Post by aggressivemx »

i have duals, but mine is custom, and it is just a split it isnt true dual, give me a few days and ill have some pics on my site
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

kid, first learn your own language, how to spell correctly, then ask about 'duel' exhaust, don't be ricy, stock one is good enough for stock car, unless you've got custom turbo, there's no need for 'duel' exhaust. lol just picking on you dude lmao
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Antwawn is right, our engines do not breathe enough to make any use of a DUAL exhaust setup. If you're just looking for "show", hook up a second muffler but dont connect it... i wont tell :)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
aggressivemx

Post by aggressivemx »

just split a pipe from behind your first muffler and then run it to the other side, thats what i did
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I'm afraid its not that simple. What size piping did you use? mandel bent?
Shaun Newman
GuidoBiRiChiNo

Post by GuidoBiRiChiNo »

I have a REAL dual exhaust.

Never mind guys, it means only problems. :crying: :crying:
-italian lonely MX'er-
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hey sonic seems like you know something about exhausts..So im gonna throw some questions at you :D

If you use 2-2.25" piping and get it to the middle of the car under the tirewell,then split's it with a kind of T-splitter with soft bending/curves on it,then what pipesize should be used after the split? (I would guess some pipesize with half the inside areal of the 2-2.25" right?)
:confused2:

And the two small Racingmuffler's after the split should they each have the double backpressure of an good known normal sportsmuffler,designed for the MX-3 of course??Im thinking, so the combined backpressure would be the same as with the single muffler setup...
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

essentially that would work, but it would only get you back to where you started with a single exhaust. Add the weight of additional piping and muffler and you're only slowing yourself down. Like i said before our engines (both I4 and v6) simply dont breath hard enough to make any gains from a dual exhaust. In the 3+ years i've been here noone has ever shown any gain from that setup.
Shaun Newman
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hey not back to where i started cuz i would have dual exhaust after :D
And i dont think ANYone put dual exhaust's on their MX-3 for the sake of power-gains but rather do it for show and personal preference ;)

If the system was set up correct,so the dual-system breathes as the single one the only loss "roughly" would be in the weight gains of the extra parts muflers etc.

But since the 2racingmufflers are quite small i could loose a little weight myself to counter the extre exhaustweight :laugh:
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Damious

Post by Damious »

i was looking for "Dual" (hey look, proper spelling so far) exhausts because i read somewhere else on the site that having ur velocity in the pipes was really important. and i was planning on a Zex kit. so i figured it would give the best of both worlds... but i dont really care about show for it. ah well, guess ill just keep the single then if there are no significant diff's would anyone suggest the best route (exhaust wise) for a ZE with a 55HP Nitrous shot. or is the custom chop listed in exhausts the best for value.

thanx

P.S i hope u dont think im a rice kid that wants his car to b bling bling... or something. those are just my friends... lol.
-Damian

***if u know of/have a mx-3 GS with a blown engine and live around me... let me know ;) ***

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”