KL Numbers for ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onzlouk

KL Numbers for ZE

Post by onzlouk »

Ok, ive spent hours goin through this site gathering all the info i need to do my KLZE swap but the more i look the more problems i find/ questions i have?!! My car is a MX-3 V6 1993 and most parts on the engine are stamped KL08 but there are some stamped KL01 which according to some posts on this site are to do with the ZE? As you can probably tell im gettin a little confused can somebody please explain the KL stamping and also the OBD 1 & 2 thing that ive been reading about, any help would be appreciated because ive got to order the engine from America so i want to get the right one first time!!!! Cheers
Onzlo
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: KL Numbers for ZE

Post by IanL »

As your car is a '93, you have no problem with OBD1 or 2. Your car is OBD1, and the KLZE ECU is OBD1.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
curtklze

Re: KL Numbers for ZE

Post by curtklze »

http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004204

this link shoul help.

again, (we need stickies or some thing),
this is what you need.

1) KL-31 or KL-36 ECU (computer).from a J-spec MX-6
2) use the stock JE50 VAF fom the 1.8L V6 MX-3
3) KL-ZE engine, look at my site in my sig for help with the KL and what it means and where on the engine it is located.
4) since you are in england, you should get a straight neck intake manifold KL-ZE, this way you are sure you will be getting a true KL-ZE. it will bolt in with no problems.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”