Millenia IM

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx-3 Guy

Millenia IM

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

Ok I have searched but I ran into a problem today. I was going to purchase one of mike selis eprom chips from probetalk to run my ze, but when I told him I was running the millenia IM he told me that I wouldnt need it. could someone tell me why this is. I think he said all ill need is the DE ecu.
I found this setup while searching.
KLxx ECU (for DE) + DE IM + KL02 VAF = good A/F, good VRIS.

will this cause the ze to lose power.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Millenia IM

Post by babyblueMX3 »

well I'm running millenia mani...ze ecu and vaf...couldn't ask for more...don't know why he would want you to run a klde vaf and ecu on your ze :shrug: I personnaly think my set-up will be less restrictive as the one he mentioned...DE intake manifold? you don't see much of these on ze's
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

What he is saying is that the vris points are different. he says the points are 3750, 4250 and 6250rpms and that the ze manifold has different points.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

I'm doubtful. If the VRIS points depend only on the IM, and not on whether its a KLDE or a KLZE engine (and that's a big if), the Millenia IM is not IM that the "KLDE ECU" is made for.

The reason I say that is that the Millenia uses a MAF and therefore has a different ECU.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

1) the VIRS is Variable Induction Resonance System. It uses valves inside the intake to change the path the air flows , causing the Resonance of the intake charge to change. (like how a flute or saxaphone works)

2) since the shape of K8, KL-DE, KL-ZE, and Millenia intakes are all different, and the air flow capacites of the engines are all different, they all have different switch points for the valves to produce the proper resonence for the particular manifold/ engine combo.

3) his E-prom is set up for a particular intake manifold on a ZE engine (I dont know which one)

4) You will need a ECU (from a DE? or K8?) so you have something to install the E-Prom on to. You will have to de-solder the factory PROM chip from the computer board, solder in a new base to accept the new E-Prom chip.

5) I sent my K8 ecu to el prototypes and it was garbage. I just got a proper KL-36 ZE ecu and its great. I would recomend just getting a ZE ECU.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”