KLDE intake manifold on K8?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BBK

KLDE intake manifold on K8?

Post by BBK »

Hi there i come from germany and some guys swap the 2.5 intake manifold (short neck) from the probe on the K8 machine. All will fit on the K8 except the throttle body from klde should modifie. But my question brings that anything?

sorry for my english ;=)

<small>[ January 27, 2004, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: BBK ]</small>
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: KLDE intake manifold on K8?

Post by Zoso124 »

I think its a good idea to swap it if you have one lying around. Only problem is that the VRIS points will be wrong since you will still be using the K8 ECU.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
BBK

Post by BBK »

hum ok the VRIS can optimized after chip tuning right?
I dont know about VRIS have you an URL about infos and vri s ? is it like VTEC from Honda?
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

very long but read this until you know what it means. the only common thing between vtech and vris is that they are switched on rpm based tuning. vtec is within the cylinder head where vris is in the intake manifold. the sr20ve neo vvl engine has both cool goodies, i think, not sure on that but it does have variable valve timing.this might be of interest to you too

if u put the 2.5 intake manifold on your car you may gain hp by retuning vris points on a dyno with the rpm tuners vris thingy majiger.

<small>[ January 28, 2004, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Steeb ]</small>
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by Steeb:

if u put the 2.5 intake manifold on your car you may gain hp by retuning vris points on a dyno with the rpm tuners vris thingy majiger.
You can certainly use the above gadget to optimise the VRIS settings for the new configuration, but whether, once done, it will give you any gains over the K8 manifold is another thing. My personal view is that if those gains were there, the designers would have provided them.

I'm tempted to say give it a try. What can you lose? Only money ;)
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

aren't the us-spec manifold have round runners like on the k8?...if so what does it make it better?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Yes, the KL-DE has oval runners, much like the K8's, BUT, they are still larger runners - if I am not mistaken.
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

The Main area where the runners collect is larger on the 2.5 manifold as well. So you may lose a little torque but should gain some mid/top power.

I had one on me ze (ported) and it went good. Better than with the k8 manifold (using stock ecu).

If you have one lying around and some time, just do it, you wont know till you try it for yourself.

They should be relatively cheap to find, most people with mx6,probes get rid of them for the ze manifolds.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”