rich idle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92mx3babe

rich idle

Post by 92mx3babe »

Hi everyone,
Feel a little foolish asking this, since it seems to be a common problem -- but is there a common fix? I have a 92 GS, totally stock, 85,000 k (I live downtown) with rich idle. Have just gone through humiliation of flunking DriveClean and disty replacement -- any relation? Also, is $40 CAD really the going rate for mx-3 air filters? The honour of MX-3 is in the balance here ... my boyfriend is trying to foist his (ick) Toyota on me....

krystyna@carbabe.org :roll:
curtklze

Re: rich idle

Post by curtklze »

yup $40.00 CAD is it, EXCEPT!!!!! due to my superior knowledge of all things automotive, I know of 1 company that makes a cheaper filter.

"VIPER" air filters, it is the same quality as factory mazda, thick plastic body with white paper filter medium.

"Vaughn Automotive" sells them, Vaughn auto is located just off Jane ST. north of HWY 7.

Its kinda tuff to find it cause its on a side street.

My cost on the filter was either $12.00 or $20.00, cant remember right now.

if Vaughn is too far you could try some local auto parts places and ask for viper filters.

Now at my old shop we would sell the very inexpansive filters for FULL mark-up, so if the mazda filter was $60.00 and cost us $40.00 we would get the $12.00 viper and sell it for $55.00.

so to get the loest price you should go to the auto parts store and not a local auto repaire shop.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hey MX-3Babe why dont you post a picture of yourself,and maybe your car also :D
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by 92mx3babe:
The honour of MX-3 is in the balance here ... my boyfriend is trying to foist his (ick) Toyota on me....

krystyna@carbabe.org :D
:freak:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”