anyone know where jeffs ignition install info is

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tical

anyone know where jeffs ignition install info is

Post by tical »

i just got a mallory 6a ignition and i was wanting so help on how to install it to the factory coil if possible.
please let me know quickly cause my car isnt runnin till it gets in...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Re: anyone know where jeffs ignition install info is

Post by mx3TT »

If I remember correctly when getting mine, it tells you exactly in that book that comes with it how to do it with a stock coil.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
tical

Post by tical »

for some reson it wont let me see the ignition readme for jeffs site. do i have to do any modifing to anything and where do i hook the ignition to the coil since its in the distributor??

thanx everyone

Justin
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

think it is a PDF
u need to Dl the newest version of adobe top be safe
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
tical

Post by tical »

i just want to know if ifs possible to hook up the mallory 6a ignition box to the factory coil and disty?? and if so could someone tell me how, i dont mean to bother but my car isnt gettin a spark and thats the last thing it can be other that the disty that looks fairly new. and also my car had sat for about a year (had no license) so i think its the ignition cause those things go when sat for prolong periods.

anyones input would be great cause i wanna get this thing started so i can let it run for a while beans its been sittin...

thanx

Justin
tical

Post by tical »

just hold on a minute, im ganna call corksport were i got it and ask them if and how to hook it up to the factory coil until i can get a mallory one and a mallory disty...
tical

Post by tical »

ok guys, corksport told me to go to probe talk cause they specially ordered the ignition for me and dont know much about it. i would rather talk to fellow mxers cause we have 100% same application, and mxers just kick *** . so way before i go to probe talk, could someone whos installed or knows how to install the mallory 6a (which is exactly like the msd) to a factory disty and coil...
please help me out, ive tracked the nonspark back to the disty cap.

thanx

Justin
tical

Post by tical »

bump it
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

think u might need to look for some browser updates to view jeffs slide show,
if you are using aol open a browser window w/ internet explore then go to his site
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
tical

Post by tical »

yeah, i just saw it but his is with an external coil. i want to know how to hook it up with the stock coil...
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

A Blaster 2 coil is 30bucks. Just buy a coil.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”