klze gas mileage

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Steeb

klze gas mileage

Post by Steeb »

alright guys. i thought by switching from the k8 to ze ecu i might improve mpg on my ze. only thing that changed was that it felt smoother and the cel went away. im getting like 250-260 miles on a tank of gas. i dont drive crazy, and when i fill up its usually like 10-11.5 gallons. rarelye it will be close to 12. i used to fill up at the same time with my k8 but i used to go like 280-290 on the same amount of gas.

am i wrong in thinking that gas mileage should be at least the same as k8 or is this the case with all of you?
SimonPK

Re: klze gas mileage

Post by SimonPK »

you're doing fine - my KLZE gets around 430 - 450km on around 40 litres - which is 27 mpg US or 32mpg Imperial - my K8 used to get 29 US and 33 Imperial - so count on 10% more fuel with the bigger engine, it's tough to know for sure because I know I am driving faster with the more power available!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: klze gas mileage

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by Si:
it's tough to know for sure because I know I am driving faster with the more power available!
I'm the same way :D But my experience is
-With the k8 ecu and k8 vaf, it took me a 1/4tank to goto work and back, about 40kms, and burned rich and set off my mechanics carbon monoxide detector after 5 minutes of idling, the thing was a gas guzzler.
-With the ze ecu and k8 vaf, i use about 1/8 of a tank for the same trip. Its mostly city driving

- With my K8, i was getting about 300km for 3/4 of a tank on a reglar work week
- During my ZE and clutch break in period (1000kms) i could get almost 400kms on a little less than 7/8 of a tank. I got 425kms from fill to the fuel low light
- Now that my ZE and clutch is broken in, my driving has become more "spirited", and im back down to a fun 300k for 3/4 of a tank

- Driving to Toronto for the mx-3 meets, i would use almost half a tank (say about 2/5) on the way there, and would gas up before heading home cause Sonoco would be closed when i arrived they would be closed and i would need to gas up in the morning before heading to work
- With the ZE, i could go to Toronto and back on 3/5 of a tank, and still have enough gas for a day or two of driving to work.

I havent been on a long drive for a few months, So im not sure about current highway milleage

all "tests" were done running Sonoco 94 Octane Gas

<small>[ December 24, 2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”