Heating issues

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Blindmelon

Heating issues

Post by Blindmelon »

The problem I'm having is that my heater does get warm, but never to the point where I feel I should turn it down a bit as with previous cars I've owned. It's always just comfortable, never really hot. I've already done a coolant test and everything was fine. I was going to change my thermostat but the guy at the parts store said that they recommend nothing more than a 180 degree thermostat, which is probably what's already in my car. Any thoughts on what to try next, or should I pursue the whole thermostat thing further. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Second place is the first loser.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Heating issues

Post by Custommx3 »

IF your thermostat is stuck open it will not generate much heat because the fluids are constantly being cooled. Thermostat would be the 1st thing Id check.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

It will eventually warm up though, chances are you are low on coolant.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
MX#3

Post by MX#3 »

Hey I have same thing. Never to hot, I was tald that there could be some air in the system but do not know if that is it.
tical

Post by tical »

id say the thermostat is stuck cause they are set much high that 180 from the factory, i think its like 200-220...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
Blindmelon

Post by Blindmelon »

Awesome. Thanks so much for offering your input. I think I'll just put a new thermostat in and see what happens. I mean really, it's only 20$. Thanks again guys.
Cheers.
Second place is the first loser.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

don't worry it shouldn't be hot like other cars, mine isnt, i think its normal. its was intended to be a pleasure car, not winter beater (my former civic, heated like a mofo, if ure not careful u can bake something)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”