Flame thrower kit...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
zevirii

Flame thrower kit...

Post by zevirii »

www.speedpeople.com<p>Has a Flame Thrower kit for car exhaust.. LOL.. Says it shoots up to 20 feet!!!! OMG THAT WOULD BE FUNNY for the guy that always rides my arse!!!!!
Balhirath

Re: Flame thrower kit...

Post by Balhirath »

Just dont start your car in a wodden garage.. or any garage other garage for that matter :)
sapper

Post by sapper »

That picture they have of the flame is so fake. If your going to try and sell that kit (Especially for the price of $124) then at least get some real pics! As for 20 feet, its more like 2 feet. I have a buddy who knows how to make them. Apparently there real easy to do, and can be done with an old used spark plug. I think I’m going to ask him how to do it now that you mentioned it....
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

hey if u ask ur buddy how to do it and he tells you maybe u could tell us? help a fellow mxer out.
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

the basic idea is to tap into your tailpipe and install a sparkplug and wire it with some heavy guage wire to a toggle switch inside the ****pit. Hammer the throttle down a couple times and flip the switch to activate the spark plug. The plug will ignite the exhaust gas producing a blue flame. I have heard that for this to work really well it helps to remove the cat. There's more to the project than I'm saying right here but that's the jist of it.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Wrong, the kit momentarily cuts off power to the disty so all the gas isnt' burned and is forced out on the exhaust stroke. Plus you CAN'T have a cat installed, you need a test pipe. The problem with this kit is its not good to put raw fuel in your cylinders because the gas takes the oil off the cylinder walls and wears the rings quicker and possibility get gas in the oil or worse.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

I fail to see where I'm "wrong" about anything. You just added to what I said. I clearly stated that my comment was the jist of the mod. So I'm not "wrong" I just gave a basic explanation of how it's reletively easy to make this kit for a hell of alot less than buying a kit.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

zoso is right. the method you mentioned is used for v8 domestics that guzzle gas.. our high-revving 4cyl don't have enough gas in our exhaust to create fire.. even if the cat was off. the REAL way to do it for a 4cyl is to have some type of device installed that cuts power from your ignition so that fuel is injected into cylinder walls (but no spark from plugs) and passes through your exhaust and has the spark in the muffler ignite it.. so your method is correct, but only for v8s.. also its very very dangerous because the fuel injected into the cylinders can wash off oil in the chamber.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

LOL I thought they just piped propane into their exhaust or something :D
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
zoso is right. the method you mentioned is used for v8 domestics that guzzle gas.. our high-revving 4cyl don't have enough gas in our exhaust to create fire.. even if the cat was off. the REAL way to do it for a 4cyl is to have some type of device installed that cuts power from your ignition so that fuel is injected into cylinder walls (but no spark from plugs) and passes through your exhaust and has the spark in the muffler ignite it.. so your method is correct, but only for v8s.. also its very very dangerous because the fuel injected into the cylinders can wash off oil in the chamber.<hr></blockquote><p>Exactly :p
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Wouldn't the look be similar to having a fake BOV? I don't understand why anyone would want this. <p>one
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UoMDeacon:
LOL I thought they just piped propane into their exhaust or something :D <hr></blockquote><p>They did that on 2F2F. :roll: No wonder the cars were so slow when tested, freakin propane tanks in the back.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

if you want raw fuel, try using a K8 ecu on a KF, stay away from open flames! :eek:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

isn't it true that turbo charged cars give off a 'richer' exhaust?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”