KLZE TB on K8DE??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nevin94 PGT

KLZE TB on K8DE??

Post by Nevin94 PGT »

Hi there, I'm Nevin. I'm happy to announce my first post on mx-3.com! I've been visiting probetalk for a while, and joined back in November 2001. Before you decide to flame, yes I searched, and even took the time to read the V-6 throttle body archive regarding throttle body fitment and possible swaps.

My friend was at my house the other day, and we took off his manifold and cleaned it off. He has a '92 mx-3 v-6 5-sp. While we had his stuff all apart, I made notice of the fact that our throttle bodies were similar, yet I was unsure if they would swap over.

I knew that the KLDE TB would not work, cause of the sucky IAC, but the extra KLZE TB I have laying around, thanks to the motor swap, has yielded me an extra throttle body. Upon comparing the two TB's, I noticed that the IAC's were similar, but just appeared to be backwards of each other. I also saw that the ZE TB seemed to be a bit larger. :D I see that the spring mechanism on the side is also different, but I think with a bit of tinkering, the KL TB spring/lever unit could be changed over to the pulley type single wheel unit like that of the K8.

Anyway, I should finally get to the point, and the original posted topic. Will a KLZE TB work on a K8DE? If not, what would be needed to make it work? I was just curious, and I didn't figure anyone would know over on probetalk. Usually when someone asks questions about non-probe cars there, people are just pricks and say search or something. Well, I did, and didn't find anything, so I figured I'd post on here.

Thanks if you can help me out. I'm sure I'll be sticking around. :2thumbsup:
'94 PGT-ZE ATX with some bolt-ons
'88 Honda Accord LXi 5-sp (the beater)
Nevin94 PGT

Re: KLZE TB on K8DE??

Post by Nevin94 PGT »

Alright, it my large abundance of time, this being a Sunday night, I did a far more intensive search. I indeed found that the throttle body from the KLZE will indeed fit, and all I need to do is swap over the IAC from the K8, and take out the plate between the TB and the manifold.
'94 PGT-ZE ATX with some bolt-ons
'88 Honda Accord LXi 5-sp (the beater)
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

I did that over this summer with T-rose.
we couldn't get it to idle right so we put the K8 TB back on
also the throttle cable kept coming off because it had too much slack.

<small>[ December 15, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</small>
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Originally posted by nevin:
Alright, it my large abundance of time, this being a Sunday night, I did a far more intensive search. I indeed found that the throttle body from the KLZE will indeed fit, and all I need to do is swap over the IAC from the K8, and take out the plate between the TB and the manifold.
The only way the IAC will swap over is if that ZE TB came off of Curved neck ZE manifold(Millenia). If it came from the straight neck you can't swap them.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”