Problem: Leakin and Possiblby burning antifreeze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
advantiracing

Problem: Leakin and Possiblby burning antifreeze

Post by advantiracing »

Hey yo, big prob. my gs is leakin hue amounts of antifreeze, causing my car toidle ****ed and make weird noises on start up. had anyone had this before? where was it leakin in yours.?

And if i am burning antifreeze... is my car done?

thanks- everyone :crying:
K8- MP5 kit Midnight Black -

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/560405
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Re: Problem: Leakin and Possiblby burning antifreeze

Post by nos92mx3 »

Your cars not done. Sounds like you just have a blown head gaskit. They are a ***** to do so if your not experienced mechanically i suggest you take it to a expercienced mechanic.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

is white smoke billowing out of the exhaust when you drive? Is the oil cream colored? If so, you got a blown head gasket somewhere. Don't drive the car at ALL until you get the head gasket replaced otherwise you will destory the motor, but it might already be too late. You can warp the head and cause internal damage when you run a car with water in the oil (no lubrication properties).
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
MX3KL08

Post by MX3KL08 »

I just got a new 92 MX3 GS with 138,000 miles on it and the dealer thought it had a blown head gasket but when the mechanics checked it out it turned out to be a faulty water pump. So that may be the case with yours. It did leak badly and blows white smoke.
Chino921

Post by Chino921 »

Pull off the radiator cap start it up and rev the engine, if coolant sprays all over the place then the head gskt is blown. It causes compression to leak into the cooling system.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i believe that if you remove the cap anyway that it will spray even if it isnt blown, that happen to me when i had my lumina
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by Chino921:
Pull off the radiator cap start it up and rev the engine, if coolant sprays all over the place then the head gskt is blown. It causes compression to leak into the cooling system.
oh my lmao lol thats the 'smartest" one ive heard so far lmao :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Originally posted by mitmaks:
Originally posted by Chino921:
oh my lmao lol thats the 'smartest" one ive heard so far lmao :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
it is true and it works. Why is this so funny? Do you honestly think that when you start your car in the freezing cold that pulling your rad cap will cause hot water to spray you in the face? You have to warm the motor up to get that to happen.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

I agree too - it DOES work!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”