Cams

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mdavis

Cams

Post by mdavis »

I know this has been discussed before but it is unclear... So where can I get performace cams for my KL-ZE? "Mike"? How much do they cost? Do they make your engine run really rough? becasue I like the tuned sound ZEs have stock... Will they made the engine "beefier" sounding? What kind of performance gains can I expect? Thanks! ;)

-Morgan
GS-R SE
Fixin's
Tyler17rose

Re: Cams

Post by Tyler17rose »

Sweet car man. If i had money to do up my body like that i would pick the exact same parts (Y). As for the cams i say go for some Mike Seli regrinds and take your chances. Probers seem to like them. I dont think it is going to make your car idle terribly. Maybe alittle rougher but that just adds to the beast that the KLZE is. Buy em and let us know! :welder:
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by T-Rose:
Sweet car man. If i had money to do up my body like that i would pick the exact same parts (Y). As for the cams i say go for some Mike Seli regrinds and take your chances. Probers seem to like them. I dont think it is going to make your car idle terribly. Maybe alittle rougher but that just adds to the beast that the KLZE is. Buy em and let us know! :) Ok, do you know where I can find these cams? Thanls!
GS-R SE
Fixin's
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

try to contact mike selli on probetalk
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

What about Interprep?

They claim 190 HP with the KLDE intake, or 200HP with the ZE manifold.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Interprep Street cams require shims and they suggest stiffer valve springs since they make most of there power up top. Your looking close to $900 for everything.

Seli's regrinds aren't as aggressive they will cost you half of that and don't require the shims.

Look in the bulk buy's section of www.probetalk.com to find it
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

Originally posted by Zoso124:
Interprep Street cams require shims and they suggest stiffer valve springs since they make most of there power up top. Your looking close to $900 for everything.

Seli's regrinds aren't as aggressive they will cost you half of that and don't require the shims.

Look in the bulk buy's section of www.probetalk.com to find it
Excellent, thank you.
GS-R SE
Fixin's

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”