to those who need to replace o2

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Re: to those who need to replace o2

Post by lakersfan1 »

Well, I'm going to have to take away any endorsement for the 1 wire conversion now. While my MPG is up slightly - 1 MPG, I went for a smog check today, and I failed horribly because I was running too rich. I checked the sensors when I got home with a multimeter, and the voltage is crazy at idle. It's fluxuating all over the place. I'm going to need to go back to 4 wire sensors. :mad:
Bradmx32003

Post by Bradmx32003 »

I had a feeling someone was going to say something like this.... ah well i knew it was going to be to good to be true actually SAVING money fixing this car haha
Red 1992 Mx-3 GS, all stock.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Well, at least the write-up is still valid for 4 wire universal sensor installation. So I guess I didn't completely waste my time. :shrug:
Bradmx32003

Post by Bradmx32003 »

Also, its now only a 5 minutes job... and no way i cna screw that up.. just more expensive and now its gonna cost me the same amount haha.
Red 1992 Mx-3 GS, all stock.
esoterikest

Post by esoterikest »

my sensors are bad... i'm leaving them alone.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
Well, I'm going to have to take away any endorsement for the 1 wire conversion now. While my MPG is up slightly - 1 MPG, I went for a smog check today, and I failed horribly because I was running too rich. I checked the sensors when I got home with a multimeter, and the voltage is crazy at idle. It's fluxuating all over the place. I'm going to need to go back to 4 wire sensors. :mad:
Thats what it is suppose to do. theres nothing wrong with what your seeing.

Was your emissions test an idle or load test? If it was an idle test O2 sensors wouldn't effect the test. The ECU ignores the O2 sensors at idle. It only uses the O2 sensors to adjust the mixture at steady state cruising.

<small>[ April 09, 2004, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”