Eunos 800

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx-3 Guy

Eunos 800

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

I have a line on a eunos 800 with a auto tranny (but im gonna use my manual tranny off my 1.8), I have been reading about them and it says they come with a MAF not a VAF what I was wondering is what ecu MAF could I use. I have been thinking of getting a DE ecu
and buying the eprom chip that mikeseli sells on probetalk that changes the VRIS points to the ze specs also, gets rid of the egr code. any help would be great guys
andy

Re: Eunos 800

Post by andy »

you will need to keep the vaf from the 1.8l, there are no ecus that will work with the maf.
Use the new chip in the 1.8 ecu.
there have been a couple of 2.5L guys on the probetalk board to convert to a maf but they are also forced induction. Its not an easy conversion.
Andy P. 93 GS
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

so I can use my vaf on it off my 1.8, im still gonna need the 03 ecu because mike told me the chip won't work in my 1.8ecu.
andy

Post by andy »

Yes use the vaf off the 1.8l, I didn't know his chip wouldn't work in the 1.8 ecu.
there are alot of different combinations running around right now , ecu/vaf. I'm not sure anyone knows the best combo for every setup. Some of the swaps go thru a trail and error phase.
good luck.
Andy P. 93 GS
tocixxx

Post by tocixxx »

you have to use your disty, your 1,8 VAF and your ECU. Than go for the KL36 ECU, this should do the trick.
92 GS-R, RX-8 Lightning Yellow, Complete Aresspeed Bodykit
http://www.cardomain.com/id/tocixxx
Mazda Speed & Style Club Austria http://www.mazdaclub.at
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Just swap your air meter & distributor on and run the KLZE ecu- KL31 or KL36. Then your good to go.

I really don't understand why people even bother with anything but the KLZE ecu? They are under $200 and your engine runs perfect with it.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

people sometimes opt out of using the ZE ECU because of emmissions tests. Having a working EGR helps that big time
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”