3rd gear headaches, w0000!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
thebonestockkid

3rd gear headaches, w0000!!

Post by thebonestockkid »

so im driving my car home after getting two new front axles and front rotors/pads, everything seems a-ok. so i come to a red light in town, and begin to downshift, doo doo doo. hey whaddya know, seems like my tranny doesnt want to engage downshifting to 3rd! just awesome. now lets go back in time a bit. the reason why i needed two need front cv axles was because i launched fairly hard on a TURN (never do this, youll regret it), my car started wheel hopping, and bam, there goes my passenger side axle. had the car towed home that night, then to the shop yesterday. got her back today, and found this annoying problem. funny thing is, it goes into gear no problem while upshifting, and while in neutral, so i have no ****in idea whats goin on, ive been told to flush the tranny fluid, remove any gunk that may be in there etc and put some new stuff in.. i thought about a couple of other things but i wanna see if anyone has heard of this before i post. any help is welcome guys, and just when i thought my car was fairly problem free... :(
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
thebonestockkid

Re: 3rd gear headaches, w0000!!

why did i even bother posting here :roll: mods you can close this, i doubt i'll get any responses. i'll post on pt where people know their ****, thanks!
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

R.I.P.
thebonestockkid

n/m..

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: thebonestockkid ]</small>

R.I.P.
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I can't really tell you what's wrong, but I had the same problem with 5th to 4th downshifts. One day it just wouldn't go from 5-4, I'd just put it in 3rd then 4th to downshift. I had it in the dealership twice to try and find the problem, they came to the conclusion that my syncros were probably messed, but they weren't really sure. After about 3 or 4 weeks of shifting like that I was on the highway and went from 5th to 3rd as usual, but just missed 3rd gear and pulled back into 4th and it went into gear. so I tried a 5th to 4th and it worked fine, has ever since. Makes no sense to me, but maybe you could try somethin similar :shrug:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”