Where to buy pacesetter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TsiMiata

Where to buy pacesetter

Post by TsiMiata »

I ordered a pacesetter catback two months ago from "JC Jip me"(that's JC Whitney). They sent me a letter today saying that my order was cancelled and they couldn't get the exhaust.

Anyone know any other place to buy them?
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Zebaj

Re: Where to buy pacesetter

Post by Zebaj »

www.nopionline.com go to their E-Catalogue, or Corksport
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

ITS A SIGN FROM GOD DONT GET THAT EXHAUST SYSTEM ive had mine for about a year and its rusted where the welds were and i have holes its a major pos
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Even in Atlanta it rusted?? I figured even if it was uncoated steel I would get a few years out of it down here.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I ended up getting my pacesetter from Gear Head Racing Parts

Showed up 4 days later. They are just a reseller- justa website. There is some huge company in PA that you actually buy from. If you look at a lot of the parts you order online they will come from this place.

I was actually suprised at the quality. The pictures i had seen of this exhaust showed it with a ball connetion at one point. Mine had all flanges. The flanges were nice and flat and the welds were very good. Seems as if they've changed their signature "monza" tip also. Mine had a decent looking chrome tip with rolled edges. It s a little big for my taste but better than the old style with the yellow in it. The paint hasn't burnt off yet....

It fit as well as could be expected, maybe even a little better than I expected. I had to tweak the hangers a bit. Also the resonator was hitting the heat sheild. I just used a jack and bent the heat sheild up to clear.

It sounds almost the same as my crappy Midas exhast that was on the car. I had to hollow my cat since it broke up into pieces. That made the exhaust sound awful. The pacesetter has made it sound slightly better but it's still pretty bad. The pacesetter has a resonator where as the Midas one did not. I will probably have to put in a test pipe. I hope that improves the tone. The stock cat hollowed out rings like a bell, even just cruising down the street.

I can't say for sure if it added any more power. If it did it was to little for the butt dyno to detect.

Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

it makes your car sound like crap too.

get a custom fabricated exhaust!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I had pacesetters on both of my cars, one for over 3 years without rust or any other problems. It sounds just like the stock exhaust. I'd actually recommend it.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

I've had that exhaust on my car for 2 years now, and it looks like it will easily last another year. Keep in mind that we do have snow and it gets pretty cold here in the winter time. Iam sure it will last down in Florida.
I have to admit I did like the sound of the Pacesetters, not loud at all, and rumbles very nice with a v6. The only problem is that I had to change the muffler last year.
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”