KLDE gas mileage

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mxer4eva

KLDE gas mileage

Post by mxer4eva »

I tried a search on this topic but couldnt find anything relevant to a KLDE, so what are you guys getting out of the car on a full tank of gas? I just recently changed my O2 sensor which I know was killing my gas mileage, but anyhow I got 250 miles total out of a full tank a gas, which seems a low to me. But im thinking its the fact that this car revs so high on the highway thats costing me some gas mileage.

thanks
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
BucktownMx3

Re: KLDE gas mileage

Post by BucktownMx3 »

im interested to cause im gonna be puttin the kl-de into my car this weekend hopefully. and id like to know how many miles to the gallon or how many miles to the full tank. i wanna know how much im losing over my 1.8L
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

My MX-6 got 25-26mpg around town and 27-29 highway. That was with the usual bolt ons in place, 150hp to the wheels. My MX-3 bone stock which I've only driven city has done a best of 24mpg. But I'm pretty sure there is something up with it.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Seeing as our gas tanks only hold 12 gallons, that 250 miles sounds about normal. Thats about 22 mpg or so. Its alittle low but nothing crazy.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”