clutch for KLZE swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
timpronk

Re: clutch for KLZE swap

Post by timpronk »

I have a clutch masters stage 1 from rr-racing. It has been in for 2 years, I had the flywheel resurfaced before I installed it. This clutch has worked great for me and my ze so far.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

NO CENTERFORCE the clutches for these cars are not very durable!! Stick with ACT or CM. CM engages smoother but either one would be a good choice. Lightening your flywheel is a great idea I couldn't find a shop that would do mine again so I am back on the stock one. Try not to go below 13lbs though if you do get it shaved.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Taras

Post by Taras »

ACT Stage 2 here with shaved flywheel and ZE for two years now and very happy. One thing that is worth mentioning is that you have to brake in your clutch for 500mi/1000km. So no clutch drops, riding it, or burnouts. You have to drive like grandma for that period, and that is city driving with a lot of shifting.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”