Idle air control valve HELP!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
gerro82

Idle air control valve HELP!

Post by gerro82 »

I need a new (or a normally operating used) idle air control valve. Dealership price is too high. Does anybody know another place where I can get the part from? Would the Probe GT valve fit? I don't think I can find that one either.

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks, guys.
timpronk

Re: Idle air control valve HELP!

Post by timpronk »

just unplug it and turn up your idle screw alittle. That should work , but if its cold out you may have to push the gas lightly after starting to keep it from stalling until warm.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
gerro82

Re: Idle air control valve HELP!

Post by gerro82 »

Yes, that's what I did. Actually, that's how my car was when I bought it. I am still idling a little high -- 1000-1200 rpm -- but that's not too bad. When I have the AC on it falls to aroung 400-500.

By the way, found solution to my hard start problem. My car would not start easily after it had sat for a while (2-3+ hours). Looked like I had vacuum leak on my air intake and my fuel pressure regulator was stuck. Some hoses changed, new regulator, and for about $200 (US) the problem is gone. Good luck to any of y'all who have the same problem. (It's not from the distributor cap, distributor rotor, fuel filter, ignition wires. At least, not necessarily so.)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”