Curved Neck Manifold??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Sam Baker

Curved Neck Manifold??

Post by Sam Baker »

lol i know i'm ignorant as hell, but does anybody know what engine has this, or where i can get one? lots of ppl tell me i'll need it for my ZE. is that true or can i just use the one that comes on it? thanx
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
Tyler17rose

Re: Curved Neck Manifold??

Post by Tyler17rose »

Darren on this board is selling one. Try to find his post in the for sale forum.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by T-Rose:
Darren on this board is selling one. Try to find his post in the for sale forum.<hr></blockquote><p>not anymore I don't....seems no one wanted to buy my MX-3....wrong time of year I guess...so it looks like I'm keeping the damn thing. gonna get that ZE rebuilt this winter and drop it in by spring....here we go again
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

You need one from a 1995+ Millenia 2.5 Liter<p>www.car-part.com is a good place to look<p>[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</p>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

one thing tho..when you check on car-part.com make sure that it comes with the fuel rails/injectors and vris solenoid..i call most of the places and they charge you the double to haver them...another just to make sure get a 96 and up cuz they were 2 different models in 95...check probetalk.com there's a guy over there that was selling them...that's were i got mine..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

Originally posted by T-Rose:
Darren on this board is selling one. Try to find his post in the for sale forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<p>not anymore I don't....seems no one wanted to buy my MX-3....wrong time of year I guess...so it looks like I'm keeping the damn thing. gonna get that ZE rebuilt this winter and drop it in by spring....here we go again<p>You're not alone there Darren, I have the '92 mx-3 GS hot little car, speedy but damn, I just dropped my 7th motor in the damned thing last month. That's 3 mtr's. thios year alone. Mind you 2 motors were from a scrap yard in London On 3 were rebuilts, next 2 I rebuilt myself and always it is the number 4 rod journal that goes. This last time I finally broke down and spent 1376.00 on a brand new motor from Japan Auto Parts in Toronto, shipped direct from Japan withiun 2 days of ordering, least this one has a good warranty.<p>Any idea why when I start off the car jerks like no tomorrow in 2st, 2nd, 3rd 4th isn't too bad but it's getting worse, get her in 5th and she rides like a dream. I'm thinking since it only does it at low RPM's that my fuel pump is nackered, since it is great at high rev's/ high speeds it stands to reason that it has no choice but to dump the fuel in that's needed.<p>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

hey thanx guyz
yea i looked on probetalk and they all said millenia too, so i guess i'll start lookin. and the "jerking" problem? i had that a while back haha.. for me, it was cracks in my intake tube, messin up the sensor. but... my friend has a protege and his *jerking problem was a throttle sensor. either way check ur sensors or somethin. :p again, thanx for all u guyz help!
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
Protonus

Post by Protonus »

Just a heads up.. the curved intake manifold is not needed. Matter of fact we had an easier time using the stock KLZE intake that shipped with the engine... Simply took the throttle linkage off the stock 1.8 T/B, and put it on the new KLZE t/b, and bingo, clears the brake system.<p>My friend figured it out the other night. So we never even used the curved neck manifold.<p>Course we have no place for the battery... but I think we're gonna move it to the trunk anyways.<p>He or I will probobly make a post about this soon.. he goes by Phaentom on here I'll bet. his real name is Marc.
1987 Pontiac Sunbird Turbo GT Convertible
http://www.j-body.org/members/protonus
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

are you making it sound easier than it really is?
You'd think it had been tried before.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Careful, I also uses the ZE strait neck intake and it won't completely clear the brake resevior under heavy acceleration. If you look closely you will see that as the motor torques tword the fire wall it might come into contact with the brake resevior and brake it. Then you have no stopping power. I spent alot of time and came up with a good way to fix the problem. However, I am not willing to give away the information on how to do the modification necessary to keep the throttle cable away from the resevior. So if you are really interested in keeping the ZE intake you can email me at patdiesel@yahoo.com and we can discuss how to do it. patdiesdel@yahoo.com
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

can u post it for a straight neck swap faq? i shoulda held on to mine

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”