2.5 Engine Swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Blueman

2.5 Engine Swap

Post by Blueman »

We need help!!!! Just completed a 1.8 to a 2.5 engine swap in my 92 MX-3 GS. Now we can't get it to idle correctly. Looking thru the BB I see other post that say you need to replace the ECU and VAF to complete swap. What is VAF? Is it the same as MAF (mass air flow sensor)?
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Re: 2.5 Engine Swap

Post by mx3TT »

A VAF is different then a MAF but it still reads the air being taken in. I am not sure which one you need but they are different and I dont think they are interchangable so that is most likely your problem.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

depens what 2.5 you've got - my KLZE runs great with a K8 ecu + 2.5 a-spec VAF, if you have a KLDE you'll need the 2,5 ecu and VAF as well<p>good luck
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

Hey dude i live in Kernersville. If you done the ze swap you need the stock Vaf and a ze ecu. If you done the KL03 swap You need the VAF of a A_spec 2.5 (its the KL02 Vaf) With the 2.5 ecu. Back in Feb. I did the ZE swap I think I have finally worked all of the bugs out of it.
65 shot > V8
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I forgot to mention I ran a A-spec 2.5 vaf and stock my stock ecu until I got my ZE ecu. Ran fine but it runs a lot better on the ZE ecu. I also have a 92 GS.
65 shot > V8
Blueman

Post by Blueman »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dewthis:
Hey dude i live in Kernersville. If you done the ze swap you need the stock Vaf and a ze ecu. If you done the KL03 swap You need the VAF of a A_spec 2.5 (its the KL02 Vaf) With the 2.5 ecu. Back in Feb. I did the ZE swap I think I have finally worked all of the bugs out of it.<hr></blockquote>Small world, my swap was a KLDE, where is the VAF located?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”