KLZE AUTO ECU

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TsiMiata

KLZE AUTO ECU

Post by TsiMiata »

I found a place selling the KLZE motor with an auto tranny and ECU for $1050 shipped. I have no use for the tranny but it's a good deal(I think) so I want to go with it. Will a KLZE automatic tranny ECU work all right in a 5 speed car? Are the cams in the ATX engine less aggressive? Any other note worthy engine changes between ATX & MTX cars?<p>I'm not worried about having no flywheel for it since I'm buying a fidanza.<p>Thanks<p>[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</p>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
TsiMiata

Re: KLZE AUTO ECU

Post by TsiMiata »

Anyone, Anyone bueller??<p>Come on somebodies got to know
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i dont think the auto ECU will work, something about it having to know what gear your in
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

honestly from what i know theres no real power differences in the, between the atx and mtx, a friend of mine purchased an atx kl-03 and put it in his 5spd probe, and he still ran hard as hell, i to purchsed an atx engine and just swaped the flywheel and was on my way, as for the ecu no it will not work right since its programed differently to autmatically shift at certain rpms, you will need a 5spd ecu,( i found the out the hard way)
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
jordanmx3

Post by jordanmx3 »

where did you find that price for engine and stuff :confused2:
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

my klze engine came from an automatic and i purchase a kl36 ecu wich i think came out of an atx too...i have a mtx car...car is running fine...maybe I'm wrong but i always tought that the kl31 ecu was for mtx and kl36 atx and both was klze ecu...
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

mine was on an auto and my ecu is a kl31- but i have also seen a kl46 ecu which was not fast
13.023 @ 105 mph
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Mazda K series and B series seem to have 2 controllers an ECU for the engine and an ATCM for the tranny. I know an ECU is swapable from an auto or manual, but u may need the ATCM for that tranny. IF its the same tranny as an mx-6 or a 1.8L you can just use that one.
If I had to guess....
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Turned out the place with the motor didn't have any ECU's. I got the motor from www.japandomesticmotor.com for $965 shipped. They were pretty good. I had to go thru two or three people before I got someone who spoke english. They're in montreal so I can't blame them for not speaking english. I believe I spoke with nesar. They emailed me a pic of the engine before I bought it. They put a wipe board with the date and my email next to the engine. I thought that was a god thing. Doesnt mean they'll send me that engine but chances are they will.<p>The ECU I got from www.tigerjapanese.com in canada for $150 + shipping. They were shocked I found them. I said I was from florida and the guy was like where?? How did you find out about us? I saw their website posted on here recently and gave em a call and they saved the day. I called 10-15 places before them.<p>[ September 12, 2003: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</p>

pelado

Post by pelado »

Manual trans doesn't care which ECU you have, Auto trans applications need the Auto ECU to shift properly.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Agreed
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

hey tsimiata if you live here in florida theres a place here in miami that sells the klze with the millenia intake manifold for 800 or 850, i bought my kf-ze there for 450, they have so many damn engine there, no joke they have a 3b rotary turbo engine with a 4WHEEL DRIVE TRANNY
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I called a place richey's or maybe rickey's over in miami. Is that the place? WHoever it was didn't have any ECU's.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”