Strange problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cage

Strange problem

Post by Cage »

Did the KLZE swap myself February of this year. List of new ENGINE parts:
Distrb, Clutch, Axles, Waterpump, timingbelt, Radiator, Powersteering pump, Clutch, J-spec EUC.<p>Last week I was driving with spirit and floored it...as I shifted to 5th it missed out a little bit. I contributed it to Flying J 89 octane gas. Then yesterday I am sitting in the parkinglot with the engine running and the air off and the engine died. It didn't sputter it just went from on to off like a light switch. I went to start it back up and no problem. I drove 45 min home with out an issue. Today at 8:00 am I am driving and I was doing 67-70Mph and the car died to 0 Rpms like someone fliped a lightswitch. I downshifted to 3rd and let out and it started back up again like a light switch. 1 mile later it died ...yes like a light was turned off ...But this time it would not restart. I sat there for a moment and retried, it turnsover but no spark. I poped the hood and checked the netural switch cable and all other electrical connections. I didn't find a problem. I shut the hood and tried again...no start....15 min later I try again...started first turnover. drove 10 min toward home and again it died. I left the car and 45min later my wife met me on the side of the road and by that time the car started right up. She followed me home with out it dying. 2 hours later I decited to start the car and see if it would die if left just to idle ...and it did and would not restart until 50 min later. also to note that I do smell gas so I know it is spark that is absent. I think this is a distributor thermal reset problem that Jeff listed On Mazdamaniac.com. What do you think???<p>
Thanks<p>Jeff
dewthis

Re: Strange problem

Post by dewthis »

Sounds like classic disty problem to me. Time for a new one!
65 shot > V8

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”