Oil Pressure problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
larz13

Oil Pressure problem

Post by larz13 »

When I start my car cold it has good oil pressure but the warmer the oil gets the lower the pressure gets. After about 20 - 25 mins the oil pressure is down to about 10 - 12 psi. So I am wondering could this just be the oil pump or could it be a more serious motor problem?
UrBaNsTyLe55

Re: Oil Pressure problem

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

i had this same problem on my protege and it turned out to be engine internal problems, it was either i rebuilt my engine or got another one because the engine had low psi and dats not normal, my car would have the normal 30psi and once it got warmed up it would jus drop drastically, my uncle whos a mechanic checked it and told me my options, so i swaped it out for a v6, maybe it might be the same problem or just the oil pump your best bet is to have it really checked because if your oil pump is fine then its internally
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Have you done the oil and filter lately? That will have a big effect on pressure if you've gone along time between changes.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

when are you taking these readings? If at idlea i get 50psi to warm up and after about 10psi. But when driving i get 50psi.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
larz13

Post by larz13 »

I just got my oil changed probably about 250 km. I don't have a guage in the car I just hooked one up in my parents shop to test it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”