Hatch back hard to lift

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Bishop

Hatch back hard to lift

Post by Bishop »

Hey folks. When I pull the hatchback release lever, it unlocks, but the hatch doesn't raise on its own at all. When I go back there to pull the hatch up, it takes both hands, and the might of He-Man. Luckily I have the strength of 10 men. So, is there an easy fix for this or do I need to replace stuff?<p>Getting...weak...must...go....eat...more....wheaties....
special edition merlot, raspberry tint on windows, lowered, low profile tires, kenwood deck, 10" Altec Lansing Subs, custom floor mats
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Hatch back hard to lift

Post by cjthor »

Change the lift struts. they are probably sticking. Does it stay up on its own?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

yup stays up just great. Just hard getting there. So, can I buy better struts that raise the hatch on their own? And how hard are they to remove?
special edition merlot, raspberry tint on windows, lowered, low profile tires, kenwood deck, 10" Altec Lansing Subs, custom floor mats
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

LOL strength of ten men...dont get wheaties, you better be eating your protein!! With my hatch i pop it with the little ole' lever on the inside, and when i get out i have to hit where the locking mechanism is on the hatch for it to totally disengage. Not sure if that is the same problem as you, but it sounds very similar. I haven't really tried to figure out the problem yet since its not really a problem, just more of a nuiassnace.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

my hatch i need to push down on while im turning the key if I want it to release. otherwise i just pull the lever
Rp's_mx-3

Post by Rp's_mx-3 »

mine did the same thing all i did was open it up and put alittle bit of white greese on a rag and wipe the metal rod. Now mine pops up soon as i release it. it slides right up.
MXXM

Post by MXXM »

my hatch makes a lot of noise
and i got no clue ** to make it stop
>>>

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”