vris solenoid K8 = ze?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dewthis

vris solenoid K8 = ze?

Post by dewthis »

When i put my ze inthe two solenoids were broke on my ze so i just swapped over from my k8. I knw they are justsolenoids and can only be operated when the ecu sends them power but my question is are they different. Could i not be getting the right vris valve opening at the right time causing me to lose pwer? Any help would be nice thanks Steve
65 shot > V8
lazzyie

Re: vris solenoid K8 = ze?

Post by lazzyie »

Go under the hood and rev the motor by hand. You should be able to watch the VRIS open and close, as for your VRIS points they are incorrect and that does make you lose power but the ZE ecu is still loads better than the DE ecu.(9 degrees of timing advance, No limp mode)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

So you are telling me the solenoids are different? If so can i get some ze solenoids? I haveopened the hood and visually watched he vris open and close, i know they work but at the right time is my question? I could probably reference it with the online manual. F-2 100 Any feed back would thanks Steve
65 shot > V8
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

no they are the same
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

they are the same, i did the same thing, one of my ze's solenoid was busted so i swapped it for my k8, works fine
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dewthis:
i know they work but at the right time is my question?<hr></blockquote><p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lazzyie:
as for your VRIS points they are incorrect and that does make you lose power<hr></blockquote>
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dewthis:
I knw they are justsolenoids and can only be operated when the ecu sends them power<hr></blockquote><p>You said it yourself. The timing is determined by the ECU. If your ZE engine has a ZE ECU, I don't understand how the timing could be wrong.<p>[ August 12, 2003: Message edited by: IanL ]</p>
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

the are the same .. just reiterating :)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”