klze bog/stumble

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
timpronk

klze bog/stumble

Post by timpronk »

Hi,<p>I installed my klze about 2 yrs ago. It has run great up until a few weeks ago.<p>Symptoms:
1. Stumbles ever so slightly at around 1.5 g's
2. Intermittantly bogs on full throttle. (kinda feels like a sparkplug wire isnt connected, but they all are)<p>I have the 92 shop manual. I checked in the troubleshooting area, it says it may be fuel pump/ regulator, plugged exhaust...<p>It also suggests it could be ignition related. But I have had my external coil/ignition in for a yr and have had no probs with that. <p>I cant check the fuel pressure becouse I dont have a gauge that will read high enough.<p>So could it be
1. fuel pump (orig pump with 270,000km)
2. Distributor cap (I have used it for 2yrs)
3. Catalytic Converter (On the car for 7yrs)<p>Any recomendations on what fuel pump to purchase?<p>and does anyone have a klze distributor cap forsale (just the cap/rotor)<p>If you have experienced any of this stuff just let me know what your thoughts are.<p>Thanks
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Re: klze bog/stumble

Post by Buff1110 »

i would just replace those 3 things u listed bc they are all gonna go soon anyway.
get a walbro fuel pump, i went with a 190 for a pgt
high flow universal cat such as catco
and for the disty cap if ur running external coil theres a few guys here or on probetalk that should be able to get one
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

I wondered if anyone else was having this problem. You might check your fuel filter too. I wish I had a gauge as well.... :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

thats the first thing I replaced, and it didnt make any diff as far as I can tell, the old one had 270,000km on it and it still looks new on the outside! So that wasnt the problem.<p>I take it Lazzie, you are having the same sort of trouble?<p>If your looking to give away free ze ecu's Ill take one.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Are you using KLZE injectors?<p>i'm a moron and didn't swap mine when i did my swap, I just slapped on the 1.8 manifold with the 180cc injectors and i felt a bog/stumble at around 1-1.5k rpm's then it pulls fine.<p>Last night I swapped the KLZE injector rails on my engine and HOLY ****, it revs much better now, no bogging and the car feels much quicker, spins tires through 3rd gear.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
Are you using KLZE injectors?<p>i'm a moron and didn't swap mine when i did my swap, I just slapped on the 1.8 manifold with the 180cc injectors and i felt a bog/stumble at around 1-1.5k rpm's then it pulls fine.<p>Last night I swapped the KLZE injector rails on my engine and HOLY ****, it revs much better now, no bogging and the car feels much quicker, spins tires through 3rd gear.<hr></blockquote><p>Told ya.... :) . Oh and Tim No sorry no free ones!!Check your temp sensors as well that helped my problem a bit. Are you pulling a code 17 or 24???
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

i am using a ported north american 2.5 manifold and injectors. 1.8ecu and 2.5vaf.<p>Im pretty sure its not the injector size becouse it has run great with no stumble for almost 2 yrs now. But what are the injector sizes for the 1.8, na 2.5 and for the ze?<p>I took the car to my friends house(a mechanic) and the car would only run when I barely pushed the gas most of the time trying to speed up it just bogged and slowed down???
I had to get off the highway for fear of being flattened. Let him drive it and of course it didnt do it. Drove home later and parked it for a second, tried to restart car 10 minutes later and battery was dead. Jump started and put in garage.<p>My cd player was making funny noises a while ago, looked at wiring and one wire had come undone and was grounding out. Now it seems to run great for the time being (45 minutes worth)????????<p>So is it possible that a wire from the stereo and has caused all this trouble, or is that just wishful thinking.<p>im oh so full of questions. Whatever the prob is I hope I find/fix it for good. But thanks for all the replys so far.<p>Im still going to get a fuel pressure gauge and check that at some point in the future though. I am not getting any error codes either.<p>[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: timpronk ]</p>
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”