shifter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
C-MX-DA3

shifter

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

ever since i had the swap and change the shifter to a b&m short shifter, shifting to gear been really hard, i have to always floor the clutch to be able to shift. did any of you had these problem when you change to short shifter? please help and need suggestion. thanks
tonguefreek

Re: shifter

Post by tonguefreek »

mine is a little harder to shift i didnt buy a short shifter i just turned my stock shifter into a short shifter by moving the pivot ball up the shaft i found if you lube the heck out of the pivot ball and shifter bushings it will help
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I recall hearing somewhere that if you over tighten the bolt at that connects the shifter and the shift linkage, it becomes harder to shift. Correct me if im wrong :shrug:
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3TT:
I recall hearing somewhere that if you over tighten the bolt at that connects the shifter and the shift linkage, it becomes harder to shift. Correct me if im wrong :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p>You're right, it does. I had to loosen mine up when I installed my Pacesetter shifter.
sheller

Post by sheller »

I had the same problem when I moved to my B&M (I had bronzoil shift bushings installed at the same time). It was very stiff but I just figured it was an issue with going to a short shifter. Nope. A couple of months later the mechanic who installed it test drove my car for another reason and realized how tight it was. He adjusted it for me right then and damn, what a difference. The shifting just flies now. :)
Steve
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Yes, same experience. When I shortened mine, I tightened it too much. Then I bought a small torque wrench, and set it up according to the manual. Big improvement ;)
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

i just notice today that as the car gets hot the harder it is to shift , especially to first, sometimes i would have to shift to second gear first before it would go to first gear.
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

any have these problem with their car?
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Check the bushings at the end of the shifter. Make sure they are ok.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

is this the bushing underneath or by the tranny, cause i already put a new one in there.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”