kfze problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TURBOst

kfze problems

Post by TURBOst »

hey all, i just got my kfze ecu today and installed it but i couldn't get my engine started, i tried different distributers but that didn't help, but it ran fine with the k8 ecu and distibuter, if you could tell me where i might have gone wrong please let me know, thanks thane
lazzyie

Re: kfze problems

Post by lazzyie »

What numbers on the on the ecu?
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
gsrbomb

Post by gsrbomb »

Maybe he put an automatic ECU ...
-1994 GS ENTIRELY STOCK, BUT NOT FOR LONG!-
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Shouldn't matter.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

the ATCM controls the auto tranny.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

pull the plugs , are they wet? is there spark?
13.023 @ 105 mph
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

If it's not a kf15 ecu it will not work with the air sensor you have and the pinouts are totally different.
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
TURBOst

Post by TURBOst »

hi it says: 5c kf33a which distributer should it work with? they're different firing orders and i'm not 100% sure that my kfze distributer actually works, i'll check it, the engine turns off but it sorta sounds like it has the wrong firing order
TURBOst

Post by TURBOst »

oh i also heard that the stock maf sensor isn't compatable with the ecu, is there any truth to that?
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Use the k8 disty and just line up the wires with the numbers on the cap to the numbers on the cylinder. I don't which VAF the kf33 ecu uses all I know is the the KF15 ecu works with our stock vaf. Good luck.
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
TURBOst

Post by TURBOst »

crap, any other suggestions? i was goinna buy the ecu from you lazzyie, but i needed the car to be running by the time i leave college on the 23rd of august, hopefully someone here might know something about this ecu, thanks, thane
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

ok i don't know if this will help much but this is whatever knowledge i have of this car, i to have the kf-ze engine and i am swaping it into my protege and i'm having problems myself wiring because correct me if i'm wrong the kf uses a totally different distributor in itself, it useds one plug like the four cylinders, my problem is i need the distributor off the k8 mx-3 engine because i have a different distributor, it sounds like either your off timing, of distributor went bad, i have one if you need it,
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

oh and if you do need it wondering if you still have the old distributor from your car that uses the 2 plug set up and if your where willing to trade
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”