CEL after cai install

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

CEL after cai install

Post by babyblueMX3 »

HI I installed a cold air intake 2 days ago and i was running fine with it...Today I was on the highway and got a cell for about 1 minute. and then disappear..I notice that when I installed my intake that there was 2 electric connections (1-Vaf 2-??).First question...what is plug 2..It's located on the opposite side of the vaf sensor and plugged on the stock air box. I disconnected it and didn't replug it cuz there was no place for it..Second question...There's was 3 (vaccum lines??) on the stock intake system...I reconnect 1 after the install and left the 2 others unplug...Could it be that it's the vaccum lines or other plug that cause the cel...Doesn't look to affect the engine... :shrug: What could be my problem ? Any comments or answer will be greatly apprecitated.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
SimonPK

Re: CEL after cai install

Post by SimonPK »

it's the little vacuum pipe - try putting a one way valve over the end of it - a PCV one works well. Or make a hole in CAI tube the filter side of the VAF
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

ok and what about that plug thing..what is it
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Theres a second connection for that vaccume line that did go into the air box on your cold air intake. Its right next to the other bigger one. Just slip that vaccume line on there and it should clear the code.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I already did that...Well the cell don't pop up anymore and I didn't do anything...I'll leave it like this and see what happens..btw Tyler how's your IM install doing?..Did you were caught by the rain?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Well as long as everything is hooked up. I havnt had any problems with mine. You shouldnt either. It rained so i didnt tackel the manifold yet. I got the intake mani gaskets and rear valve cover gasket though (probably a good idea to change since all the hard work will be done to get at it anyways.). I'm all ready to go, just need some free time with some good weather.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”