KLZE ECU question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3man83

KLZE ECU question

Post by mx3man83 »

I called up an engine distributer today and got a price on a klze...i asked about the ecu too and he was like "we dont get those since all of the Eunos 800 came with automatic transmissions"..this i knew, but will this affect anything about the ecu? I think i read somewhere that the only thing that happens is you have an empty spot on the ecu where a wiring harness clip is suppose to clip into(from the auto tranny). <p>I know some of you on the board have the klze ecu in your manual mx-3...does this affect anything? By the way...the engine is 900 bucks plus shipping....and it comes with the curved neck manifold...shipping would be about 400 bucks though...is it worth it(since it comes with the curved neck intake manifold)??
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
SimonPK

Re: KLZE ECU question

Post by SimonPK »

$400 for shipping! If you find an engine on the west coast it should be no more than $200 - have you tried Foreign Engines in Lynnwood, WA?
They had 3 KLZE's for $849 2 weeks ago and shipping was not $400
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Well the thing is, they are in canada. I can get a klze from sunsengines for 950 plus 150 for shipping, but they have the straight neck intake manifold. The ones in the canadian place have the curved eunos 800 intake manifold. Is the 10 hp or so gained with the klze manifold worth the extra dough?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

I got my curved neck from Lynnwood. To answer your question about is it worth it - well it saves a lot of hassle changing things over.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

the Eunos 800 also used a MAF so that adds to why we don't use its ECU. The KL31 and KL36 ECU's are from the Straight neck ZE's so thats why them.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Ohhhh that makes it much more clear. So i guess not all klze ecu's are created equal?
My Cardomain site
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Obviously not
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Well you can get a straight necked engine, and then pull off the intake manifold and sell it and buy a 96+ mazda millenia manifold to make the engine fit easier. Running the KL31/36 ecu is wayyyyy better than running the domestic ecu on the motor even with improper VRIS points.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zoso124:
Obviously not<hr></blockquote><p>Thanks for the obvious answer. It was a question that wasnt meant to be answered... Lazzyie, how much would a millenia manifold cost? Should i get the engine from sunsengines for a total of $1100(I'd have to then remove the IM, buy a new IM gasket, put the Millenia IM on), Or just buy the Eunos 800 KLZE for a total of $1325? Is it worth the extra 225 dollars?<p>[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</p>
My Cardomain site
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

You can get a millenia IM from car-part.com
I got one from a prober on probetalk.com..I bought it for 175USD shipped..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

why not go to streetimport.com and get the whole engine with the curve I.M for about $1200
JJ

Post by JJ »

thats where i wanna get mine....but im adding the LSD tranny to it as well.
Would that be a good idea to get the LSD?
I kno wut it does but do you the the mx will benefit from it? :shrug:
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Ok Well you can get a millenia manfold for between $150-$200, you can sell the straight necked manifold for at least $200. <p>As for LSD please learn to use the search button but to answer your questions LSD is awesome, you do need to get the Japanese halfshafts/cv joints/drive shafts(they are all the same thing) and when they break you must get more from Japan.<p>I would recommend streetimports only if you plan on spending way too much money for something it is $1299 for the engine and $400 for shipping.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”