Front Caliper Sticking

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jutzi420

Front Caliper Sticking

Post by Jutzi420 »

Ok, I swapped out my stock pads and rotors, and the right front is dragging bad. The left is fine, but you can't spin the right by hand when suspended. As I bled the right the brake pedal got progressivly stiffer. Could the piston be siezed? They worked fine before I took them off.
jordan69

Re: Front Caliper Sticking

Post by jordan69 »

hey man, all you have to do is go to your local canadian tire and purchase the stuff called brake caliper synthetic lube, its maybe 10 bucks a bottle, and all you do is take out the 2 bolts holding the calipers to the brake assembly there and lube them up real good and put them back in, the reason your brakes are sticking is cuz those bolts are very dry and the calipers cannot move back and forth properly on them to get away from the brakes rubbing on the rotor, very easy fix to do.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

I'll second that answer! :)
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
jordan69

Post by jordan69 »

:D
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”