KL-ZE swap has commenced!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gro Harlem

KL-ZE swap has commenced!!

Post by Gro Harlem »

I bought my engine earlier today for $1040, but couldn't fit it in my Protege so I'm gonna get it tommorrow.<p>So far i've unplugged all the hoses and plugs from the engine, and i'm about to remove the intake manifold and radiator, then i'll move onto draining fluids and taking the axles out along with the shift linkage. I want to have my K8 ready to pull out so I can rent my engine hoist tommorrow and have the ZE at least installed inside the engine bay.<p>I bought a straight neck engine, since the f**king egine place only got 2 of the 5 motors they said they were going to have today, and it turns out they sold the other one right before i got there. I looked it over and it seems like its in good physical condition, but I will know tommorrow if its been abused when I take off the valve cover and oil pan (going to do the oil pump shim mod).<p>Hopefully I won't bug you all too much with moronic questions about the swap..I've found out most all of the info I need...and I'm pretty sure my ZE is a 93' model so I shouldn't have problems with extra sensor plugs.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
SimonPK

Re: KL-ZE swap has commenced!!

Post by SimonPK »

wish you luck & don't worry about the questions as when you get tired & stressed you need to take time out to figure out what to do. Look at all the dumb questions I've been asking the last week or so!
dkrangers

Re: KL-ZE swap has commenced!!

Post by dkrangers »

I'm with si on that one, I have asked some dumb questions my self. Have full with the swap!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”