KLZE starting problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SimonPK

KLZE starting problem

Post by SimonPK »

I've been trying to get my KLZE swap going the last couple of days but all it does is fire once and then shut off. The code I get is 05 - knock sensor - I followed the diagnostic for this and it all seems to check out ok - but if I clear the code and try to start again the engine fires once, stops and the code reappears.<p>I have gas, good spark, timing belt on perfect, I've checked and double checked everything I can think of.<p>My KLZE came from a 1997 car (it says '97 on the plug leads) - Millenia I think as it has the curved neck , my GS is a 1993, the ECU is my K8 one and the VAF says JE50<p>Any clue what's going on as I am out of ideas?!<p>thanks!
SimonPK

Re: KLZE starting problem

Post by SimonPK »

Well I now know what it isn't after swapping the Crank sensor, throttle body complete with TPS and IAC, as these came from my working K8. Knock sensor connections seem to be ok as well.<p>I cleared the code 5 I got yesterday and it hasn't come back again. <p>the engine turns over well and has good spark and gas getting through.<p>Anybody any ideas what to look for next?<p>this is driving me crazy after spending about 4 -5 hours every night on it after doing a full days work!<p>thanks!
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I know when i did the swap i putthe fuel lines on backwards and it would fire one time and that was it. Switched them ad that was it. Check to make sure the return and delivery arnt backwards.
65 shot > V8
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

I'll give that a go - I reckon it has to be something obvious I've missed!
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

I feel really stupid - all the pain and lack of sleep for the last 7 days was - wait for it - fuel lines on backward!!! Thanks to Dewthis for the clue based on my problem. The car started up before the starter even turned the engine over once and settled down immediately just with an HLA tick for 10 minutes until the oil got in. It drives amazing - a totally different car when you open her up! I'm a KLZE power convert!<p>When I look at everything that has to be done for the swap - I still can't believe I missed this after getting all the other much more difficult stuff right!<p>MAybe we should put together a FAQ for all the stupid things we've done so others can learn for us.<p>Thanks again - Dewthis

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”