Car trouble

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
chris83

Car trouble

Post by chris83 »

Okay, i picked up my car today.. (1992 mx-3 gs standard..power locks/windows/sun roof)... the car itself runs amazing.. no problems there. However I'm having a few probs with other things. Mainly.. my sunroof, when I hit the open button, it just sounds like the motor is grinding or something, and doesnt actually open it. Anyone know the cause?..and price to fix?<p>I think I need a new driver side door lock too :( ..what do those run?.. im guessing i'd have to get a pair, if it cant be fixed. The door locks fine, but the key only goes half way in, and wont turn. I did get a power remote thing.. (trunk/locks ect).. but it doesnt seem to be working right. <p>and finally, the front left turn signal is out, i bought some lights to replace it, but im too tired now hehe. Thing is it was safetied yesterday..apparently they didnt check everything :( <p>
All in all, the car runs great.. just these glitches are annoying, mainly the sunroof..would be SOOO nice right about now, is there anyway to manually open it?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Car trouble

Post by Custommx3 »

Well, your car should have came with a hex key (small opening behind the sunroof) I believe if you pop it open and use the key to turn it , it will open (not sure though)<p>as far as the lights, make sure that part of the harness is plugged in. Behind the bumper is a connections for the front corner lights that connects to the corners as well as the side markers. Yours could have come unplugged.
chris83

Post by chris83 »

well I give the sun roof a extra push and it opens.. just really stiffly heh.. ethier the motor is gonna die soon, or it needs to be oiled
sapper

Post by sapper »

My driver side lock was busted as well when I got my MX3, and I left it like that for a while but eventualy fixed it (Got sick of unlocking the passenger door and unlocking the driverside door from the inside, thn runing around the car to get in). I went to the local Mazda dealership in the North Shore Auto Mall (North Vancouver) and got a new lock for $50.01 CDN. (Probably the same price at all dealerships, however, I dont know why they need the extra 0.01 cent) When I got it home I took off the inner door panel and took out the old one (Not very difficult, just a pain in the *** with all the C-Calmps holding it on). When I tried to put the new one in, it didn't fit. I took it back to the dealer ship and told them about the problem, and double checked to make sure it was the right one. It was the right lock, however they have changed the design on it they said. When they enter the part number for the MX-3 driver side door lock in their systems, it refers them to a new part number. It seems that they forgot to take into account the MX3 when designing it, and theres a small lip that come off the side thats too big for the groves in the door lock housing. You could shave it down with a grinding whel to make it fit no problem. I got kinda smart though and just gave the old one a bit of WD-40 and now it works fine. Took the new one back and got a refund. Try giving the lock some sort of lubrication before spending the $50 on a new one, if that dont work go get a used one and get it re-keyed at a lock smith for like $10 - 15 bucks.<p>Just my 2 cents<p>[ July 04, 2003: Message edited by: sapper ]</p>
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”