cork sport 65mm TB

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

cork sport 65mm TB

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Ok now I just read the faq about TB and I know now that mx-6 (KLDE) and mx-3 (K8) has different TB and IAC...I was on corksport website and I came across the 65mm TB..They sell it for the mx3 and for the mx6..Their discriptions (for mx6 and mx3) are the same..The thing is I just bought a klze without an intake manifold and I'm ordering a millenia IM..When you order a TB does the IAC and TPS come with it??If I'm correct I have to buy the 65mm TB for the MX3 and swap my K8 IAC and TPS even tho I have a millenia manifold, is that right ??? Could someone clear this up for me..I'm kind of confused :confused: Thanx
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: cork sport 65mm TB

Post by Zoso124 »

All depends where you buying this stuff from. $255 for a bored TB is a little pricey, especailly for something that hasn't always guarantee added HP on a dyno. Ask them to send you a dyno plot. For $255 they should atleast send you two. If you looking for a Millenia Intake call Mazda Recycling, they can sell you the whole thing, then all you have to do is take the EGR off the back and stick a little plate on the back to block off the holes.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I already found the millenia IM and I know too that I won't use EGR since I'm using the ZE ECU..The thing I'm worried about is is the TB from CS will fit my millenia IM (knowing I'll swap my IAC and TPS from my k8)..I read many comments about 65mm bored TB on Probetalk.com on some on mx-3.com and most of the people agreed that is a good mod for the price(they claimed to gain a 5-8 whp)...As anybody put the corksport 65mm TB on their MILLENIA IM with KLZE..
Oh and by the way I read in a post that some guy on probetalk sell the bored TB for cheap (around 150-180$)..Could somebody tell me the name of the guy or anything that could help me out..255USD is a lot of money for a TB...I was quoted 200 CND$ in a junk yard for a stock 60mm millenia TB..Would it be cheaper to buy that one and bore it to 65mm or the CS one would be cheaper..Thanx<p>Steve
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

To find the guy who sells the throttlebodies, check ProbeTalk.com. Go to the bulk buy forum. I think his name is Greg.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Ok now I found the answer about the guy on Probetalk..thanx for the infos..The only thing missing now is my answer about the CS one and if it'll fit right...see second reply above,,thanx alot guys
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Well if you get an Intake with the TB on it you can send it to Greg and he'll bore it out for you for $130-140. So then you know you have the right one, only way to know if you'll get the right one from Corksport is call them. Ask for Derek, there aren't too many fans of Ben running around. If they say they have the right one for you ask them to send you a picture of it.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Do you know a place that I can get the Millenia T for cheaper than 215$..That's what I was quoted in a junkyard..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

sorry about the last post..By T I meant TB (throttle body) and I was quoted not 215 but 275$$ so again if somebody knows a secret place ;) that I can get a Millenia tb for cheap let me know...
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”