valve covers leaking oil?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onelovemx3

valve covers leaking oil?

Post by onelovemx3 »

hey can some one help me out here i have a 1.8 litre v6 gs ummm on my valve cover theres oil like chillin by the sprak plug wires. i cleaned it once tokk month for oil to return . maybe bolt seal. dont think its head gaskets bc doesnt run hot or smell. email me at one_love_to_my_lord@hotmail.com with info thanx geniuses
92 Mazda MX-3 1.8 Litre V6, custom cat back exhaust with Ractive muffler, NGK spark plug wires,white interior, stock gs rims w/ lo profile cooper zeon tires, (recommend those tires awesome handling and smooth ride, expensive though), altezzas, (thnx omenmx3). thats all for now folks
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: valve covers leaking oil?

Post by Custommx3 »

How many miles? have you ever replaced the valve cover gasket?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I have same problem, i guess only solution is to get new gasket.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
userAttila19

Post by userAttila19 »

I have the same problem, I'm going to change the gasket and see if it goes away.
No time to slow down. 1995 MX-3 GS http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/566272
onelovemx3

Post by onelovemx3 »

hey guys guess what my dumbass did ? well i decided to be mr.fix it and take out my valve cover bolts buy the spark plug wires and one was stripped and it went POP so i took it out and looked at it and it was cracked so i just tried to snugit in to get to auto zone and boom it broke so i spent all night taking valve cover off with a ****in 20 dollar mechanic kit lol oh great fun anyway gasket is silicone looks fine no nicks or cuts ar anything dont wanna waste 51.95 and that not be the problem anyone know anything about torque specs on teh valve cover if there is any looked at the manual didnt see any. propably just buy a bunch of new valve cover bolts i think that the prob or maybe even spark plug covers hmmmmm ill figure this hsit out if its the last thing i do. well holla back guys thanx fo rthe support. nick
92 Mazda MX-3 1.8 Litre V6, custom cat back exhaust with Ractive muffler, NGK spark plug wires,white interior, stock gs rims w/ lo profile cooper zeon tires, (recommend those tires awesome handling and smooth ride, expensive though), altezzas, (thnx omenmx3). thats all for now folks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”