2.5 Intake swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
nd4more_spd

2.5 Intake swap

Post by nd4more_spd »

Hey .
i m doing the 2.5 V6 intake swap from Ford Probe to MX-3 , i was wondering if anyone ever did this and if i will need any special modifications like ECU for it ......
-Thanks
-Vlad
lazzyie

Re: 2.5 Intake swap

Post by lazzyie »

I dunno if this really will do much but no you don't need another ecu. You could contact Mikeseli on probetalk and see if he can burn you a chip to open your vris at the correct points. Oh and get Pheno spacers!!! Reuseable gaskets and cooler air to boot.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
nd4more_spd

Post by nd4more_spd »

hey whats vris and Pheno spacers ??? , i rebuilding the engine and changing the left cylinder head, and i asked my mechanic to put in the fuel injector from the probe GT since i had one laying around... he looked at it and said he will try to do this ..., i don't really know if that will help anyhow in HP gains... , what do you guys think ?
-Vlad
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Don't use a KL injectors on a K8, they flow at 220 cc's compared to 170-180. You'll be running way too rich.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zoso124:
Don't use a KL injectors on a K8, they flow at 220 cc's compared to 170-180. You'll be running way too rich.<hr></blockquote><p>just quickly throw a turbo on it....that'll lean it out.
:D
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
nd4more_spd

Post by nd4more_spd »

and what will happen if i run too ritch ? will it be at least more HP ? i dont really know mutch from about it ..
-Vlad
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MIKOYAN:
and what will happen if i run too ritch ? will it be at least more HP ? i dont really know mutch from about it ..<hr></blockquote><p>you'll gobble gas like a pig but not have much power. You'll smell raw fuel and bellow smoke from the exhaust. Your o2 sensors could suffer over time and possibly clog your cat.
nd4more_spd

Post by nd4more_spd »

I mean , what will actually happen ? , wil the car be driveable ? , will there be much more power ? will it suck much more gas , or the engine wont run smooth ........ ?
-Vlad
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MIKOYAN:
I mean , what will actually happen ? , wil the car be driveable ? , will there be much more power ? will it suck much more gas , or the engine wont run smooth ........ ?<hr></blockquote><p>drivable yes
cool no
nd4more_spd

Post by nd4more_spd »

i mean , it shouldn be worse then probe on gas .... , i donno , is it possible to do something with intake so it would run good , and make more power out of this fuel injector .., or is there any parts on this injector that i could just put on K8 injector so it would be more powerfull.... ?
-Vlad
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

if you have 1.8 engine use 1.8 injectors. The Probe injectors will just be dumping more fuel than the engine can burn. Running rich robs power and leads to other problems
nd4more_spd

Post by nd4more_spd »

i am also installin performance intake right now , maybe it will help to run better with this injector?
-Vlad
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

It's nice to think so but I doubt it. And I'm sure it's been tried before and failed. That's probably why it's not a popular endevour that everyone else is doing.
Someone else advised you to look into pheno spacers. The full term in intake manifold phenolic thermal spacers. do a search. There's loads of info on them.
nd4more_spd

Post by nd4more_spd »

So , you think it won't add any horses ? Can't i control the fuel any how ?
ok, what about the throttle body ? is it any bigger on the 2.5 injector ?
i just need help , if you guys think it is a very bad idea and i won't have any pluses from it , i ll just throw an old injector on ....
-Thanks for info...
-Vlad
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

I tested them on my K8 before going turbocharged, and noticed that I had to run a fuel pressure of 19 psi in order to make it go nearly the same as stock. You must have an adjustable FPR and FP gauge in order to tune it. Adding the intake won´t make any big difference for needing such fuel delivery.
European Mx3 GsRT

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”