klze shopping list and minor questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

Re: klze shopping list and minor questions

Post by Guest »

thanks for the heads up, i dont see the ze on there list of engines but i will email them and inquire.

Post by Guest »

hey another question, do some klze's come with the right intake manifold? So if I get a ze from a ms8 then i wont have to worry about the IM? Thanks guys!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

If we can a 2.5 from a japanese Mazda Millenia, it'll be a KLZE with the MS8 IM! My person fear about this is getting an engine and find out its a KLDE and not a KLZE.<p>Man, this thread should be in the FAQ, im learning so much! :D <p>Also, whats this im readinf about a VRIS? Is it something about to worry about? Also, i use the TB and injectors from the KLZE? Do they come with the engine?<p>[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

you basically get a complete engine, minus AC, alternator, and power steering pump.<p>You'll have to use your k8 distributor too. <p>The VRIS (Variable resonance induction system) is like a supercharger effect letting in more air at different points to smooth out your torque curve ( I hope im explaining this right) theres alot to it, but basically thats the sum of it.<p>The VRIS points are set at differnt RPMs depending on which K series motor you have and are programmed into the ECU. when the point is reached in RPMS the ECU sends a signal telling it to either open or close the VRIS chamber. U use the wrong IM with the wrong ECU, your points will not match up and you wont get as much power as with the correct 1, it will run, just not what it could be. The k8's fuel mapping is very similar to a KLZE which is why we can use the k8 ecu, but at a cost of power. <p>
BTW the fuel rails/injectors do come with the motors.<p>[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>

Post by Guest »

hey needforspeed you have to check the serial number on the engine, KL31-101A or 010A, thats an example of a klze serial number, search in the v6 forum for klze serial and you'll see some posts about that subject. also i really wanna know if you can get a klze thats got the right intake manifold? or do they usually just import the mx-6 version?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I believe i got a few bookmarks on webpages on how to tell a KLZE (KL31) over a KLDE (KL03)<p>The fund part of finding an engine with the proper manifold is that it must come from a Japanese millenia, most places wont sell just the IM, you hafta buy the whole engine. So if you dont get a curved-neck IM, you need to go through the hastle of finding one being sold seperate. My luck i would never find one so im gonna wait until i find a MS8 KLZE
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

if you dont get a curved neck im, you can just use your k8 manifold. Thats the setup I have. You really dont lose much power at all, you can hook egr up (if you use an aspec ecu) ... and if some time in the future you want the curved neck im you can buy it...if you find one.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

I can get ahold of all ZE stuff. Barry the JE50 vaf works fine with the ecu I got ya :) . Get the shifter bushings from SRDperformance.com. Those are the guys that make them. Corksport is evil!!! I will boycott them forever.....<p>[ May 31, 2003: Message edited by: lazzyie ]</p>
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Post by Guest »

because they are idiots with no ethics? sounds good enough for me,
GuidoBiRiChiNo

Post by GuidoBiRiChiNo »

But if I run the ZE ECU with a Millenia IM the VRIS points will be right?
-italian lonely MX'er-
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

hey guys, I just read this post and some of you looking to buy an MS8 IM...If i'm not mistaken there's one on ebay for sale..(ms8=curve neck and square runners, right??)..Anyways i thought that you'd be interested
ebay IM
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Post by Guest »

cool man thakns, I would be on it if i had the money!!! but i have another guy, steve thats on the board and he can get me one. But seriously thanks alot! Im sure it will help someone out!
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Found this on eBay as well.<p>It says it's an auto tranny engine...can it be made to work with a manual? Man I would love to get one of those 2.5Ls....

Post by Guest »

cool **** man, ya i dont know how that works, i would just figure it needs a different ecu, but then i dont know anything so who knows

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”